- We believe everyone can and should make an impact
- We believe in getting stuff done
- We believe brainstorming & ping pong can go together
- We believe constant innovation is a critical task
- We believe in the importance of moms and parenthood
- Company outings (US Open, scavenger hunts, and more)
- Lunch & Learns
- Industry Conferences
- Book Club
- Bake Offs
- Regular Happy Hours
- Free breakfast / lunch Mondays
- Free soda, juice & coffee
- Monthly birthday parties with cupcakes
- Healthcare FSA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance Plan
- Gym Reimbursement
- NYSC Gym Discount Membership Program
Careers @ CafeMom
Do you want to make an impact on the lives of more than 20 million moms? Do you want to be part of the smartest, friendliest, and most amazing team you've ever met?
Drop us a line!
Think you're a fit for one of the positions below? Follow the instructions to apply. We'll be in touch if we need further information or have selected you for an interview.
CafeMom is an equal opportunity employer based in New York City. All jobs, unless otherwise specified, are full-time, onsite positions.
Last Updated: July 16, 2015
Ad Tech Optimization Analyst
This position involves coordinating, trafficking and optimizing online advertising campaigns running on www.cafemom.com, www.babynamewizard.com and www.mamaslatinas.com. You will gain in-depth knowledge in this dynamic & rapidly evolving industry while working with senior management to understand client objectives/goals and lead the optimization of campaigns. You will become an expert in the leading ad tech platforms and third party verification services (comScore, Nielsen, DoubleVerify, Integral Ad Science). This is an ideal first job for anyone interested in a career in digital media!
- Traffic ads using DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), Dart Sales Manager (DSM), DoubleClick Studio and MediaMath
- Implement (load and QA) advertising creative
- Communicate with internal Sales, Client Solutions and Account Management teams
- Work with clients' creative departments and rich media vendors
- Retarget ads on real-time bidding systems
- Proficient in using DFP and online ad serving
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Required Skills & Competencies:
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read "Ad Tech Optimization Analyst"
CafeMom is looking for a strategic, creative and goal-oriented marketing manager to help us take our digital marketing strategy to the next level. If you have experience growing traffic from social media and other channels and love to try out new ideas in a fast-paced environment, then we want you on our team!
- Manage and lead marketing efforts around social media, content partnerships & syndication, SEO and more to maximize organic traffic to CafeMom, The Stir and Baby Name Wizard
- Oversee all social media properties across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) to appropriately represent and grow our brands
- Brainstorm creative options for piloting new marketing channels
- Monitor and review traffic through Google Analytics and other reporting platforms and recommend and execute strategies for increasing traffic
- Program, manage and optimize e-mail marketing by closely observing performance and regularly A/B testing
- Assist with other marketing tasks that may arise within the entire marketing department
- 4-6 years relevant marketing experience working in digital marketing, especially in social media
- Excellent spoken & written communication skills required
- Social Media marketing experience on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram
- Comfortable with analytics (including Google Analytics) and using metrics to optimize towards goals
- Well-organized, strong attention to detail and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Business / Marketing / Communications degree preferred
- Self-starter, fast learner, and team player
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read "Marketing Manager"
Sales Strategy Analyst
CafeMom is looking for a strategic, creative and analytical thinker to join our CafeMom.com and MamásLatinas.com sales team! The Sales Strategy Analyst will advance our strategic capabilities to analyze new business opportunities as well as advertiser and industry trends that help grow our sales. In this role, you will be responsible for digging deep to identify compelling sales narratives using a variety of primary, secondary and syndicated research tools and articulating insights into sales presentations and outreach. Reporting to the SVP, Data Strategy & Sales, the Sales Strategy Analyst will directly impact the success of our sales efforts and act as a key resource for our sales directors and sales development team. This is an excellent opportunity to master all aspects of digital media and sales!
- Proactively monitor changes in the competitive landscape as well as industry and advertiser trends; keep the extended sales team updated and disseminate relevant sales intelligence
- Collaborate with sales directors on business development initiatives, helping generate new leads, formulating client approach, and crafting sales communications/materials
- Synthesize all syndicated, behavioral, and primary (qualitative and quantitative) research sources to create compelling stories that show why we are a great partner for our advertisers. Bring findings to life in client presentations
- Produce monthly reports from comScore metrics (covering our competitive set and core audiences) and update sales collateral
- Develop and share best practices and case studies that highlight campaign objectives, core program elements, performance and value delivered to our advertisers
- Support custom research efforts and campaign analysis, from survey design to analysis of results to development of recommendations for advertisers
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Communications, or related field
- 1-2 years related experience
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret patterns across multiple data sources and translate into sales stories
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Familiarity with large databases is a plus
- Familiarity with AdDatabase, comScore, eMarketer, Qualtrics and other research tools is a plus. Experience with survey writing and analysis or ad effectiveness research is helpful
- Passion for digital marketing and/or media buying
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn analytical tools and programs
- Ability work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read "Sales Strategy Analyst"
Staff Writer (News & Entertainment), The Stir
CafeMom's blog, The Stir, is looking for a full-time Staff Writer (primarily in News & Entertainment) with at least 5 years online writing experience. The ideal candidate is a pop culture and news junkie who's interested in issues affecting women as well as everything going on from the 2016 presidential election to what's the latest greatest show to binge watch on Netflix. The ideal candidate is a highly conceptual, creative thinker who can turn a news items into original, appealing, sticky content. Think: Slideshows, quizzes, videos, memes, a funny rant, an opinion piece, or a thoughtful essay. The Staff Writer should have strong writing skills, an eye for visually appealing content, and a familiarity with Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Reddit, and other social media. Candidates should be willing to promote their work, are responsible for art and fact-checking, and can post directly into a CMS, without the need for an edit. The ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced environment is essential.
We are looking for a creative, innovative thinker and writer with a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and experiment, and a desire to be part of an amazing team. Sense of humor a must.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read "Staff Writer, News & Entertainment"
Staff Writer (Parenting), The Stir
CafeMom's blog, The Stir, is looking for a full-time Staff Writer (primarily in parenting) with at least 5 years reporting and online writing experience. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable debating beautiful baby names and opining on celebrity gender reveals as they are shifting gears to interview a pediatrician or viral video star. A creative thinker who sees that messy toddler in the supermarket as a GIF post or listicle in the making, the staff writer should be able to roll out funny rants, quirky quizzes, and thoughtful essays that appeal to the mom masses (and probably some dads too). The right candidate has social media savvy and is willing to both promote their own work and spend time diving into Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Reddit on the hunt for what it is moms are going to be talking about next. Organized and able to work independently, the candidate should be comfortable working in a CMS, have an eye for visually appealing content, and keep up with a fast-paced (but fun!) work environment. Sense of humor a must!
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, 3 to 5 clips that best represent your voice and range of ideas to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read "Staff Writer, Parenting" Please include salary requirements as well.
Photo Editor, The Stir
CafeMom's blog, The Stir, is looking for a full-time Photo Editor to work in our New York City office. The ideal candidate is as comfortable researching photos and running an Instagram account as he or she is designing pins for Pinterest, tracking budgets, and talking photo contracts with agency reps. You're a master at coming up with creative ways to visually conceptualize posts, slideshows, and quizzes. You're organized, able to work independently, comfortable working in a CMS, and can keep up in a fast-paced (but fun!) environment. You're familiar with image licensing and copyright laws. You have sophisticated visual taste and the desire to help create a brand image. You know how to use: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. You might also know: Lightroom, Adobe Camera Raw. Bonus points: You know how to take a great snapshot.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read "Photo Editor" Please include salary requirements as well.
Staff Writer, Que Mas
CafeMom is seeking a creative and experienced Staff Writer for its vibrant lifestyle and entertainment bilingual content platform, Que Mas for MamasLatinas.com.
All candidates must have significant online experience and the ability to work quickly, while paying close attention to details. Content needs to be smart, high quality, and have personality. Candidates must have strong writing skills in Spanish and should be able identify topics and cover stories based on current trending topics of high relevance to the US Latina. Individuals should be self-motivated and able to pitch the kinds of stories they would want to share with their Latina friends; able to generate ideas that are original, thought provoking and will drive traffic. Familiarity with SEO best practices and understanding what makes web content viral and sticky is important.
- Generate between 4 and 6 posts daily (mix of straight up pieces, galleries and quizzes)
- Source photos and create posters to illustrate own stories
- Ensure all articles are optimized for both SEO and social media
- Work with senior edit team to analyze traffic reports and help identify areas of opportunities
- Stay on top of trends & news relevant to our user
- Manage some social media accounts
Experience and Skills
- 4 years of relevant editorial experience, including at least 2 years in online editorial
- Familiarity with SEO (search engine optimization) and Social Media platforms
- Well organized, deadline focused and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong writing skills in Spanish
- Highly organized and deadline oriented
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read "Staff Writer, Que Mas"
Sales Development Associate, CafeMom & MamásLatinas
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, creative and solutions-oriented marketer to join our sales development team! This person will be responsible for developing inspiring, innovative and strategic digital marketing campaigns for top tier advertisers wanting to reach moms. Reports directly to VP Sales Development.
Overall Role & Responsibilities::
- Work under the direction of the VP of Sales Development to enhance and further develop the overall design of the CafeMom & MamasLatinas sales materials
- Partner with front-line sales to conceptualize, write and present (internally & externally) strategic marketing proposals in response to Advertiser RFPs
- Lead creative brainstorms to come up with original, inspiring ideas that meet advertiser's objectives and leverage our best assets
- Leverage your PPT expertise and presentation-development skills to deliver comprehensive, strategic, and exciting pitch decks and presentations
- Work with Design to create sales comps (no knowledge of design tools needed), and Research to craft compelling data-driven stories
- Act as a sales product gate-keeper by understanding all of the functionality and best practices for each product we sell; package knowledge into sales materials and communicate information clearly to front-line team and Advertisers
- Partner with internal teams (product, design, community, video etc.) to develop new, sellable products that align with our value prop; clearly translate complex, conceptual ideas into real products and sales materials
- Aide in developing, managing and maintaining the CafeMom story through sales presentations and materials
- Provide thought leadership about digital advertising, new platforms and technologies, emerging trends and more
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in online marketing/advertising, with a minimum of 2 years developing RFPs and marketing proposals
- Strong understanding of the online advertising space, social media, word of mouth marketing and online campaign success metrics
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint - a must! - and all other MS Office Tools
- Highly creative and strategic; proactive; strong organizational skills; effective communicator
- Self motivator with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Knowledge of the Hispanic digital marketplace and Spanish fluency is a plus
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read "Sales Development Associate"
CafeMom is seeking a creative and motivated Associate Editors to join the team launching an exciting new mobile property for millennial Latinas. This person will be primarily responsible for working with a team of senior editors and freelancers to ideate and generate great content for this brand new mobile-first platform.
The ideal candidate is a trends and news junkie, who is very organized and detail-oriented, but also enthusiastic about videos, pop culture, fitness, beauty & style and the Latina lifestyle in the United States. We're looking for a self-starter who has experience and genuine enthusiasm for creating beautiful, innovative and social-first content and who's excited to be part of a start-up and everything that entails.
This is a junior-mid level position and can be a remote position based out of any of major markets including:
- Miami, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Houston, San Antonio or Dallas, TX
- Daily content creation & curation
- Ability & experience working with CMS
- Developing and creating content for social usage
- Tracking online trends in social media, news & pop culture
- Find stories, cover breaking news and create new and fresh spins to a story
- Multimedia content creation; i.e. editing video, Photoshop or design
- Pitching, writing and editing custom branded content
- Motivated, resourceful and driven
- You should live & breathe the Latina millennial lifestyle
- At least 2-5 years of experience writing/editing for a professional publication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Have an interest in learning more about new social media platforms such as Snapchat, Vine and Instagram
- Be a team player who loves to collaborate
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for social media platforms & the best content on them
- Proven ability to write Quick & clean copy as well as to proofread and edit
- Open to flexibility with work schedule, including weekends and late nights & comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt and be receptive to feedback from editors and management
- Strong grasp of the English language, bilingual skills in Spanish preferred
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read "Associate Editor"
*Please note that CafeMom does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, CafeMom will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CafeMom explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.