- We believe everyone can and should make an impact
- We believe in getting stuff done
- We believe brainstorming & ping pong can go together
- We believe constant innovation is a critical task
- We believe in the importance of moms and parenthood
- Company outings (US Open, scavenger hunts, and more)
- Lunch & Learns
- Industry Conferences
- Book Club
- Bake Offs
- Regular Happy Hours
- Free breakfast / lunch Mondays
- Free soda, juice & coffee
- Monthly birthday parties with cupcakes
- Healthcare FSA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance Plan
- Gym Reimbursement
- NYSC Gym Discount Membership Program
Careers @ CafeMom
Do you want to make an impact on the lives of more than 20 million moms? Do you want to be part of the
smartest, friendliest, and most amazing team you've ever met?
Drop us a line!
Think you're a fit for one of the positions below? Follow the instructions to apply. We'll be in touch if we need further information or have selected you for an interview.
CafeMom is an equal opportunity employer based in New York City. All jobs, unless otherwise specified, are full-time, onsite positions.
The Stir is a lifestyle destination for real moms and women who are happy and confident but busy juggling the demands of work, family and time for themselves.
The Senior Editor of the lifestyle channel will direct this vertical's content, and manage a team of in-house writers and editors, as well as freelance contributors, to create engaging stories and drive the traffic to new heights.
Lifestyle content will include quick posts, long-form stories, slideshows and quizzes covering Love&Sex, Beauty&Style, Food&Party, Health&Wellness and Home&Garden content, as well as topics such as personal finance and work-life balance issues that are in the news and zeitgeist.
The Senior Editor will be a skilled manager and editor who has her finger on the pulse of pop culture, news events and what's trending across social media (Pinterest, Facebook) to create an engaging mix of new stories each day.
- Managing a team of four in-house writers and editors and recruiting freelance contributors, including freelance writers, food and beauty bloggers, expert advice columnists and more.
- Shaping the content and voice of the lifestyle brand across the site and its subcategories.
- Producing 10 original stories a day, including highly visual and pageview-driving content like slideshows and quizzes.
- Creating and managing the editorial calendar, including coverage of evergreen seasonal events and day-to-day trending news.
- Conceiving of new franchises and creative campaigns designed to differentiate our lifestyle brand and drive traffic and new eyes to the site.
- An excellent editor and writer with sound judgment and knowledge of how to shape and report a story, from refining the angle to writing a clicky headline.
- Social media-savvy, adept at working within a CMS and at optimizing content for SEO.
- Highly visually-oriented, able to procure on-brand photos and create beautiful content that is shared across Facebook and Pinterest.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a leader with a positive attitude and keen digital skills to help the lifestyle department grow and evolve. This is an opportunity to be part of an amazing brand.
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read "Sr. Editor, Lifestyle"
The ideal candidate will be:
*Please note that CafeMom does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, CafeMom will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CafeMom explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.