- We believe everyone can and should make an impact
- We believe in getting stuff done
- We believe brainstorming & ping pong can go together
- We believe constant innovation is a critical task
- We believe in the importance of moms and parenthood
- Company outings (US Open, scavenger hunts, and more)
- Lunch & Learns
- Industry Conferences
- Book Club
- Bake Offs
- Regular Happy Hours
- Free breakfast / lunch Mondays
- Free soda, juice & coffee
- Monthly birthday parties with cupcakes
- Healthcare FSA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance Plan
- Gym Reimbursement
- NYSC Gym Discount Membership Program
Careers @ CafeMom
Do you want to make an impact on the lives of more than 20 million moms? Do you want to be part of the
smartest, friendliest, and most amazing team you've ever met?
Drop us a line!
Think you're a fit for one of the positions below? Follow the instructions to apply. We'll be in touch if we need further information or have selected you for an interview.
CafeMom is an equal opportunity employer based in New York City. All jobs, unless otherwise specified, are full-time, onsite positions.
We are looking for an energetic, solutions-oriented team member that loves numbers and Excel! This person will be responsible for managing & optimizing numerous RTB/programmatic campaigns as well as identifying & testing new strategies to drive optimal media performance for clients. Position reports directly to Sr. Director of Audience Targeting.Responsibilities:
- Help manage a variety of digital display campaigns via real-time bidding/programmatic buying - input campaigns into a DSP (media buying platform) and QA throughout flight
- Assist with optimizing campaigns for a variety of success metrics including CPM, CTR, CPC, CPA, and viewability - seek opportunities to improve campaign performance
- Track, analyze, and update daily reports - help maintain a database of campaign performance and provide Account Managers with regular reporting
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interest in digital marketing and/or media buying
- Basic/conceptual understanding of any aspect of the digital media industry (social media, SEO, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
CafeMom's The Stir is looking for a smart, motivated editorial intern to join our team this spring 2014.
We're searching for someone who is self-motivated, has a positive attitude, and is eager to hit the ground running. This candidate should be an extremely organized, efficient worker who can deliver creative, error-free work with tight turnaround times.
The position is very hands on and our intern should expect, and welcome, working on every aspect of The Stir. This position will help with research, write, party plan, pitch posts, design, photo research, fact-check, and more. Interns are given their own blogger profile and are expected to produce editorial content for The Stir on a regular basis.
Candidates must have prior writing experience (a personal blog is fine) and a strong familiarity with a variety of websites that cover a wide spectrum of topics. A firm grasp of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest is also highly desired. Prior internship experience is a must.
This is a 4 days per week commitment.
CafeMom is looking for an experienced digital executive to head up our editorial properties including The Stir, QueMás, and CafeMom Studios (video), as well as any other editorial sites we may build in the future. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker with a deep knowledge of digital content. Your mission will be to develop a vision for how to take these already successful web properties to the next level, leading them to greater traffic growth and brand recognition. This role requires business, product, editorial and operations sensibilities as you'll be responsible not just for forming ideas for growth, but also executing those ideas.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for growing key metrics (unique visitors, pageviews, revenue) across CafeMom's editorial properties
- Work closely with the editorial and social media teams to develop high-level strategy and help the teams execute these strategies
- Review and analyze web metrics. Use your learnings to develop strategies and help teams understand what's working (or not working) from a content perspective
- Lead product innovation across all platforms including tablet and mobile
- Serve as main liaison with the sales team for pre- and post-sales sponsorship ideas and execution
- At least 10 years' experience working in online editorial including substantial time working on websites targeted at women
- Product management expertise including hands-on experience with wireframing, writing requirements, and QA process
- An effective communicator and collaborator
- Experience working with ad sales & content marketing
- Experience with video production and promotion
- Experience with mobile site and app product development
- Deep understanding of social media and sharing of content
The Prowl, a new social shopping website from the CafeMom team, is looking for a talented marketer to manage our online member acquisition. You'll need to have an entrepreneurial spirit as you work to build an audience for this exciting new start-up. The ideal candidate has a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from SEM, SEO, display and social media campaigns. This role requires an analytical mindset and a creative spirit to optimize our search marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of search (SEM/SEO), social media marketing, email, online advertising, and mobile app advertising campaigns
- Manage all aspect of campaigns including keyword generation, ad copy writing and testing, creative and banner development, bid management, landing page optimization, budget management etc
- Analyze engagement metrics (views, visits, views per visit, time on site, bounce rate) to optimize campaign performance
- Perform A/B Testing for ad creative and/or landing pages to improve metrics
- Provide strategic analysis and recommendations across all marketing efforts
- Minimum of five (5) years of 'hands-on' Internet marketing experience
- Excellent web analytical skills and experience using monitoring and reporting tools like Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Omniture, Flurry Analytics, etc.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working for consumer internet brands with similar conversion models
- Experience with A/B and/or multivariate testing
- Experience with mobile and tablet app marketing
- Creativity, teamwork and strong attention to detail required
- Experience with PR and partnerships, a plus
CafeMom is looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for managing our core features on the site. We're looking for someone who not only understand moms' needs and can visualize products that help meet those needs, but who can also dig in, help work on coding pages, making site updates or contribute in any number of ways. Ideal product management candidates will be happy to get their hands dirty and work on every phase on product development. You should feel as comfortable in code or Photoshop as you do in Word or Visio. Candidates must have experience working on consumer-facing websites.Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new features, including defining the concept, creating specifications, defining user experience, managing design and development, and post-launch maintenance
- Manage efforts to make enhancements to existing core site features on cafemom.com
- Integrate usability studies, member research and market analysis into product requirements to ensure that products satisfy member needs
- Produce detailed product requirements for design and development teammates
- Move projects swiftly and efficiently through the entire project lifecycle by interfacing directly with design, development and marketing teammates
- Implement A/B or multivariate testing, as appropriate, for optimization of core site features
- Analyze product performance and user engagement - pre/post development
- 3-5 years in web product management - community, online forums, or social media a plus
- Deep understanding of the web and usability best practices
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including fluency in A/B and multivariate testing
- Demonstrated ability to build great products on time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including copy writing)
- Highly organized and a self-starter - ability to set priorities and work independently in a fast paced, lightly-structured environment
We are looking for someone who has a passion for helping others with desktop support and learning new technologies. This entry-level position is available for someone looking to make use of their IT skills/ education. As a Level I specialist, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable enterprise IT experience with PC setup and configuration, all Windows operating systems, PC/Server hardware/software troubleshooting, computer peripherals, and Nortel phone equipment. When you're not busy providing support you will work closely on research and upgrade planning projects in all IT related fields.
This is an entry level position and will support all issues relating to PC/Server hardware, software, and associated devices including Help Desk support for the entire company (100 users). The Level I support specialist will set up, configure, install, train, and troubleshoot any IT Support related needs.
Requirements include 0-1 years help desk experience; a bachelorís degree with a technical focus or equivalent experience; a can-do attitude; professional demeanor; strong desire to increase technical knowledge and ability; and excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
CafeMom is looking for an ambitious PHP Developer to join our development team. We are a highly entrepreneurial organization looking for people who are able to have a big impact immediately. We are looking for very smart, motivated people who get results and want to be part of something great.Overall Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and optimize scalable user-facing functionality in high traffic, multi-tiered LAMP environment
- Integrate functionality with third party social networking sites
- Upgrade and maintain existing codebase
Skills and Competencies:
- 3+ years experience coding dynamic, database driven websites in PHP
- Good web fundamentals - caching strategies, session/cookie management, MVC, AJAX, cross browser support, etc
- Ability to work in a linux environment
- Knowledge of Smarty, ActionScript 3.0, JQuery/YUI a plus
- Experience with SVN or similar source control
- Extensive social networking experience
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a team environment to meet short deadlines
- Rock-solid debugging skills
- Good communication skills
*Please note that CafeMom does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, CafeMom will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CafeMom explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.