If i want to own my own business, should i major in Business Admin, or business Management?

I am a licensed nail technician, and i begin school in the fall. I want to open up my own day spa after i get my bachelor's. I also need/plan to go back to school to learn massage therapy, cosmetology, and esthetics. I just figured, it'd be best if i knew how to manage all areas of the spa, instead of just nails. ALSO, i am only majoring in business for my associates, would it still "look good" if i majored in education for my bachelors, like in math or reading? By saying "look good" i realize i'll probably need a loan for my business, and i want my education to reflect that i would be a good business owner. So, what do ya think?

yasabree

Asked by yasabree at 1:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• management! - admin is for like HR and secretary/assistant stuff
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Why would majoring in education show a lender that you would be a good business owner. It might show a school that you would be a good teacher, but not a business owner. Get a business admin or management degree, and make sure you take some accounting courses. Learn how to write a good business plan. Learn supervision. Learn business law 101.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I worked at a college for years that teaches business classes. Definitely you want Business Admin...It covers management, marketing, accounting, computer skills, business law and all that you'd need to run your own business. Business Management is pretty much from a management perspective...mgmt/labor relations, mgmt. techniques, HR law, etc.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Management. They should have an accoutning course in there, be sure to also take one that teaches Quickbooks (if you plan on using that program) and if you are going to have employees take a Payroll Accounting course!
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 3:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008