How early is too early to potty train a boy??? Ours will turn two tom. and asked to go potty this evening and had a fresh wet diaper when we got to the potty... Would it be ok to get excited, or should I wait....

My other two sons were almost four before they seriously did the potty training thing.. and I promised myself that I would not get excited or push potty training on my youngest... he turn two tom, and asked to go potty tonight.. is it a fluk or am I allowed to get excited about this

KatHouse

Asked by KatHouse at 9:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• Get excited! And go for it!!! There is no right or wrong time. Each child is unique. So if he wants to start -- do it. YEAH!!!! Great news. :)
    Metaphyzmom

Answer by Metaphyzmom at 9:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Two is not at all too early it is actually quite average. If he is showing signs of being ready, get excited, encourage him. Younger children often do things early because they learn from their siblings & aspire to be like the "big kids".
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• get excited, dance around the room, cut a flip...my son was 4. kid you not. he would tell me he had to potty then sit in the living room until he did. it was a battle. you let that boy know how proud you are of him. its a huge deal.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2008