A tissue looking ball under skin... what is it?

My b/f (whos in his 20's if that matters) had a callusey bump (he has callusey feet in general he works alot and wears boots often) and he picked the callusey skin off and under it was like a ball of tissue... and when he squeezed it, it almost looked like it was going to come out. What could it be? I tried talking him into going to the doctor but he doesn't want to go because last time I told him to go he ended up having to stay over night and pay about 1200 in bills.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• I'm almost certain it's a plantars wart. It's a wart on the sole of the foot most common in adolescent males but my dad got them well into his 40's for some reason. He had to go to the dr and get them cut out because they hurt him when he walked. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Could be a cyst, which is a little-big ball of liquid under the skin or sometimes on organs. My husband has one on his wrist. It kind of moves around. There really isn't much you can do about them other than getting them drained or lanced. Or it could just be tissue that has developed over time where the tissue has hardened over time to leave the calluse and hard tissue underneath. If it bothers him he needs go to dr. But I would think that its just fine if its not bothering him other than the looks.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You couldn't see it till he picked at it... its like inside his foot. Its creeping me out. What if its like a tumor or something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They are more then likely what my husband has. He has these bumps on his body in different areas and he went to the doctor. The doc said it was a fatty deposit under the skin. They are not harmful at all. My husband chose to have his removed because as they got bigger and they got cold they would be painful. But now he has more on him. Because of these he doesn't drink milk because they could be calcium deposits also.
    Mamasan1657

Answer by Mamasan1657 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2009