war

how does evey one feel about the war. I think as americans sometimes we forget how lucky we are to not see are family blown up in front of are face. I feel bad for all the people that die. Soilders. Iragies. all those people for what?

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 9:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel bad for them and all the American families. Everyone is losing someone and I don't know why. This subject is too political for me and I am sure that someone would say I don't have the knowledge needed to make judgement. I feel bad when they say some kid died at 19 but when it comes down to it the govt. does what they want and we have no final say.
    Anonymous

• People die in war. I don't see how anyone can feel "good" about it.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think war is a major money maker for the banks and big corporations. Until we say ENOUGH people will continue to die so that the rich can continue to get richer.
    sondrajoy

Answer by sondrajoy at 10:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i hate it, it needs to end. Love will be the only thing that saves. It just isn't fair that so many inoccent lives are being killed. Ya, I know they did good things, but enough is enough isn't it?
    Lets see some of that extra money go into something good, like oil cost, or world hunger
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 10:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yes "they got money for war but cant feed the poor."( Tupac)
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 11:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• this is not a typical war, there isnt a group of bad guys we are fighting, we are fighing an idea, terrorism, thats complicated. we are more like just helping at this point and i think we should let them take care of themselves now and get our guys and girls out of harms way and home, this is not something we can win or loose
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i have a friend from high school and an uncle in afghanastan right now. how do i feel about it? i don't even know what we are doing there. i was all for it when we were after sadam and bin laden but that's not what we are doing now. i just feel confused.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am against the war in Iraq. This "war on terror" has spun out of control - the rich are getting richer and our economy has tanked. How is the gov't funding the war? DEBT!
    Who is taking care of our wounded soldiers when they return?
    Each time my husband and I see someone in public wearing fatigues, we thank them for their service. IT's not their fault that our leaders have lost sight of the original mission.
    1funkymomma

Answer by 1funkymomma at 10:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i don t support the war but i support the troops and why it all started. People always dye in war, sad i know but we should all remember that since the war started people that died are the same # that were killed in one day, sept 11.
    Anonymous

• I would love for us to be able to walk away from the Middle East without creating even worse problems for our grandchildren to solve.
    Both major candidates plan on keeping troops over there - McCain wants to keep them until the the risk of violence is low enough for local troops to deal with. Obama wants to yank them out of Iraq (finished or not) and move them to Afganistan. Either way, it's keeping our people in the middle of a religious war and religious wars have a nasty habit of never ending.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008