colic baby

I have a two and a half month old baby. I love her to death but what can i do for her.

momil

Asked by momil at 12:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know if it works but try gripe water. It's made for colic and hiccups and my son didn't have colic but when he had hiccups I gave it to him and it worked super fast...my husband and I have even tried it for ours and it worked too! also if your up to it rides in the car seem to work or things with constant motion like a swing or vibrating bouncy
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• For our son the car made him worse, it was too much movement; and they didn't make the vibrating bouncy until after he was older. I think the papasan vibrating swing or bouncy would work.
    I think it is www.onestepahead.com has one a pad that looks like those therapeutic wraps that can go in the microwave, but it has been designed for babies. Lay baby on her tummy on the heat and I think it also massages her tummy in a clockwise direction.
    I tried the gas drops - they took the edge off but didn't get rid of it.
    I have heard good things about gripe water.
    If she is also spits up a lot, you might want to consider an Ambi bed or something like that, that allows her to sleep elevated.
    Good luck - I survived 18 months of colic with our oldest.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Take care of yourself! I had a colicky baby too. NOTHING worked and I was certifiable by the end. My cheese had slid clean off my cracker! Good luck to you, you probably have 2 months to go or so. Try everything you can. Love your little angel and take care of yourself. Pray if you believe. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• what worked for us, was the day i decided to roll my son over onto his tummy... it helped him pass the gas in his tummy... he slept better, which meant we slept better.. he was 4-5 weeks old when i did this, and he also started sleeping thru the night, babies bodies are working working working and they need time to get it all sorted out.. i did a bit of plain water, maybe an ounce of warm water and that helped... cause i didnt want him to have juice at that early in his life... i know its hard... maybe if you can call someone to sit with him while you got some sleep you will feel better about tackling this issue.. i know the day my MIL came over I woke up with such a clear head.. its the lack of sleep i think when us moms have trouble.. do you have a friend that could come over while baby is crying.. my grannie told me her first baby cried daily from 2pm til 10pm
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• SWADDLE, SWADDLE, SWADDLE!!!! There are even specialty blankets just for swaddling. My son was colic and all he wanted was to be swaddled. Also, they have the Slings that you carry in front of you. Thats all I had to do during the day when I had things to do I'd carry him around the house with me and he calmed down. Swaddle!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You could try similacs allimentum.... Works for lots of people...
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'm lucky, no colic with mine, but my best friend had a colicky baby and she suffered, walking the floor, sometimes falling asleep on the toilet! THe only thing that finally worked for her was a sling, her dr suggested it, she said the warmth of a mothers body against the babies tummy, plus the motion can be a big help. So my friend researched "wearing your baby" and became a big advocate, her son is 8 mos now and no more colic, but she still wears him for a few hours a day when she needs to get things done, he loves it, usually falls asleep in there after a crazy morning practicing creeping around on the floor. Good luck, it must be so hard.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 9:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009