How do i do this?? Anyone know??

I want to make one of those fleece baby blankets that you cut the edges and tie it all around but I want it to be different in each side 2 different patterns.... anyway do i sew them together all around or do i just cut and tie it all around to put them together?? and do i just take two strands right beside eachother and tie them or is there a different trick to it!! Thanks!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just made one for my 2 year old you just cut and tye she has 2 and loves them plus a pillow like that
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• cut and tie, its super easy! :)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Just cut and tie, like the other poster said. My grandmother made me one for Christmas last year to match the new area rug she bought me and I love it. I thought that it would fall apart within a week but its been a year and it has held together greatly.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We made them in our MOPS group and it's super cute. Hope this makes sense. You get 2 pieces and cut them the same size. Then on each corner you cut 1 4x4 or 3x3 square depending on how long you want the strips to be. When you are done you should have a square cut out on each of the 4 corners. Then, you cut 1 inch wide strips all the way around all 4 sides either the 4 or 3 inch to match the size of the square. Once the whole thing is cut tie every other strip. When your done with that flip the blanket over and tie the rest of the strips. I have a picture of the one I did if you want to see it or PM me with questions. It took me like 3 hrs to make but it was easy, just cutting and tying is time consuming.

britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Just be sure you double knot it, if you don't it will be a horror! And ever so often you will have to retie depending on your material. I made one about 5-6 years ago and sometimes when I am under it I will just go around and make sure they are still tied and retie some. But super Easy, if I can do it anyone can!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I've made them both ways. The cut and tie way is a lot less time consuming but I prefer to sew the two sides together and then tie. The Blanket holds up better in the washing machine when the two sides are sewn together. JMO
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They have starter kits at Walmart. I've never tried them, just seen them. I'm not good in that department lol
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My fourth grade students did the cut and tie method for my son 3 1/2 years ago. It has held up well. It's so easy a 9 year old can do it! Well, 20 9 year olds. :)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2009