At what age do you start potty traning ?

my little girl is 18months old please help

chrissy11673

Asked by chrissy11673 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you can introduce the potty to her but she wont potty train til she is ready you could also buy the dolls that have pottys for her to learn good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I didn't start until my kids were 2 and then I didn't really push the issue until they were 2 1/2. My youngest just started using the potty right before Thanksgiving. She was 2 1/2. My son was a little younger then that when he started using it. My other two girls were both over 3. One was 3 years, 2 months and the other was 3 years, 8 months...both stubborn as hell.
    I learned the more you push the more the shy away from the whole concept. They will let you know when they are ready and they won't do it until they are.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I started at the age of 2. But neither of them were fully potty trained until 3. My daughter is showing signs that she wants to start so I've been putting her on the potty through out the day. Some days she intrested some days she just isnt. Its not something that you can push your child into doing. Its something that they have to want to do.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I started my girl at 18 months and had 18 months of torture. I started my son at 3 and had 3 weeks of messes, and that's it. I recommend waiting a bit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When my dd was two, the daycare where she was charged extra if they had to change diapers for babies older than two. I couldn't afford the extra money and I took her to the store, bought her some panties and told her "You are now pottie-trained!" and she caught on after a few weeks. But my son.... oh my!! I was sure I would be training him into kindergarten! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2009