How did you cope?

How did you cope with a break up or divorce that was hard? How long were you with the guy and how long did it take you to heal and be over him? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I was with my ex husband for 14 years. He was my one and only, I started dating him at the age of 14.

I thought it was going to be a hard break up but surprisingly, I did not shed a tear. I think I was over him by the tie we decided to split.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was with him for a really long time....and one day I said fuck thats it im done and we remained friends but i never had any trouble what so ever getting over it!! i was done and VERY glad to be!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• bump
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I sometimes wonder if I've ever coped with my break up after 5 years! I did the crazy girl thing for a while and then one day I just stopped
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• bump
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It took me about 2 yrs to get to where I was sane again. I was with the man for 10 yrs. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My situation is a little different. I divorced my Ex after a 10 yr marriage. I truly hate him. I had a lot of emotional baggage for the first couple years. I was really in danger of becoming a very bitter, angry woman. But time healed and I had to let go of a lot and not let the past run my life. I had to rediscover ME again. Now I am a lot happier and it's a good thing. I'm in a great relationship now too. Before, the bitterness really affected how I acted around men. Don't worry, you will heal from this and be ok. Stay strong and positive.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• bump
    Anonymous