1 year old keeps smelling my boobs?

I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby, and my 1 year old is acting super clingy, sitting and sleeping near my belly, i'm not showing yet, and she kisses my belly and then grabs my boobs and sniffs them and then sometimes tries to bite them,  she started this before i even knew i was pregnant like 1 week before. I've been trying to give her something to do, like play with her toys or dance to music, but she just keeps running back to my belly and boobs, i stopped breast feeding her around 4 months, idk if she remembers or not. did this happen to you while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not while I was pregnant, but lately, my youngest has started opening my shirt and trying to stick her finger in my cleavage...I think it might just be typical toddler curiousity, but I don't remember my oldest dd ever doing that....is your daughter old enough to understand about the baby in your tummy? Have you told her? My oldest got pretty clingy when I was pregnant with the baby too...I hope I've helped!
    AHmom103

Answer by AHmom103 at 5:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2011

• Whether we realize it or not, we all have a certain smell that our children recognize, I know my mother's smell for that matter. I have to guess that hormones change that smell slightly, and your child has recognized that. She probably knows that something is different and is trying to understand what it is.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 5:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2011

• LOL! I've just made her aware after she tried to shove her face in my belly kissing it, very painful. I yelled There's a baby in there!!! and she looked at me like she already knew and then laughed then went back to snatching my boobs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2011

• My daughter still has this habit, especially when she's upset or sick, of trying to stick her hands in my shirt, or her face in my cleavage. Even when I wasn't pregnant, she did this. I look at it as a comfort thing, since that's where she'd rest her hand when she nursed as a baby. Even still, I discourage it. When she goes for them, I take her hands, move them away, and firmly remind her that those are private, and she's not allowed to touch them. Not with her hands, not with her face, not with her feet... (yes, she has tried putting her feet in my shirt.) The incidents have gotten less frequent over the years, but they still happen occasionally. They have picked up a bit since getting pregnant. But I figured it's because my breasts have gotten so large, they're kinda hard to hide.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2011

• She's young enough, she probably does remember breastfeeding and your smell, and now your smell is changed or changing so she's just checking it out. Fairly normal IMO. If she comes at you kind of hold her back from hurting you, but give her a big hug so she knows you're still mommy and you still love her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2011

• My daughter for about almost 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant would try and feed my belly and I didn’t know why and now it makes sense, she now will left my shirt up and look at my belly and say baby and point which I think is so cute, she will sometime lay her head on my belly. :)

oh and by the way im in my 19 week
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2011