Did you watch your c-section?

My first child was a planned c-section. My husband video taped it and I watched. They made the incision and then lowered the sheet so we could see what was going on.
I though it was an amazing experience and am glad that we were able to do it!
I was just wondering if anyone else watched their c-section and how did you find the experience?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They wouldn't let us tape the actual surgery, but we have video of the baby once she came out, so I didn't see my belly at all. Even before we knew that I was going to have a c-section, they told us that we couldn't even tape the labor. He taped it anyway with the computers webcam, so they couldn't tell. My labor was so long though, that he ended up giving up restarting the camera. I feel jipped, I wish I had the surgery on tape. I have watched plenty on tv, so it wouldn't freak me out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wanted to, but they wouldn't let me, and nobody had a video camera. They said they were afraid I would get sick or pass out. I was so disappointed! I don't have a weak stomach at all!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wanted to also but they wouldnt let me. My doctor said that it would make me pass out. I was so sad that I couldnt see what was going on.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• no cameras/video was allowed in the OR at my hospital, only in the room during labor, and after birth. hospital policy.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It was the discretion of the dr's in the room at my hospital. My dr has been my dr sinse I was 15 so she knew what I could take. The OB was one of the dr's she had done her residency with and they have a great friendship! I was very fortunate, my dr told my husband to go and get the camera from our parents in the waiting room. They thought he was coming to tell them boy or girl! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wanted to but wasn't allowed to. The C section went well though just didn't like the aftermath. It took me two weeks to heal
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 2:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was put to sleep for my daughters c-section, I know my husband was there in the room with me when they put me out, but I don't think he was able to see what was going on. He and the doctors were making jokes the entire time and all i do remember is throwing up and passing out again.

determind

Answer by determind at 9:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I never would have made it through. I flinch at blood being drawn. I can't watch. Imagine watching them slice me open. OMG. I don't even want to think about it.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009