morror or no mirror?

My second child was a VBAC and when it came time to push my dr had a mirror brought in so I could see what had happened so far and to help my focus. I love her for that because it was amazing to see. I though it would be gross or weird, it wasen't! I requested a mirror for my second vaginal delivery. It's a great focal point, especially when the head is crowning!
So my question is have you watched your childs birth?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep! I had the mirror and loved it! It was a little weird, but once you realize what it is you're watching, it's an amazing experience!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I started too and it was great- til i noticed the great big hemhorroid staring me in the face LOL! that freaked me out really bad for some reason so i had them take it away...... Weird huh?
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They asked me if i wanted to and i said noooo waayyy... i think that would just freak me out....lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No, I just didn't want to add any more crazy that day. I was incredibly hormonal and I think I would've freaked and said it'll never be the same:( lol
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wanted the mirror, but it didn't work out with my deliveries. My oldest daughter came suddenly and they barely had time to catch her, let alone get the mirror in place! My youngest daughter's heartbeat was dropping very low and all we cared about was getting her out quickly. The mirror never entered our minds because we were just afraid we were gonna lose her.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They offered it.... but I said no. I didn't want to know what my husband was seeing!
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I loved having a mirror, it was great inspiration for me when I started feeling exhausted...I just looked at the top of his head and knew I could keep going, I really wanted to see my baby!!!
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• GROSS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No way. I have a very low gag threshold and didn't need to puke on the delivery table, again. My mom used them though, except when it came time to bear down, she closed her eyes and missed it. Sigh.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2009