Birthday Themes

My daughter is only 8 and half month old and we're trying to plan the best birthday party for her. I don't want a the basic theme because it's going to be actually the first time the families meet. now we need a theme...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For my DD's birthday we are having a 1st birthday Princess theme.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 9:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• We had a picnic party for my DDs 1st birthday. (Red & white checkered tablecloths with black ant decorations.) We are having a sock monkey party for my DSs 1st birthday in September.
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 10:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• THe baby will not remember anything, but you will. you do what you want to do. I just had cake and ice cream and let her open her toys.
    It was really hard to get her focused on opening gifts for any amount of time.
    Make sure to get good pictures and make sure baby is comfy at all times.
    If you really really want a theme, then pick something classic,(like pooh) or something that the baby really likes.
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 10:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• first time the family meets, huh? hmmmm...maybe make it a dinner party, like a 50's coctail party, dress her in a cute litte cocktail dress and have a buffet for the food. she won't remember it and this party, while definitely about her, is really for them and you anyway.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Cupcake, its not the same old thing take a look on my page i have some wonderful birthday site with many differen ideas in a post
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 3:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• make it a billboard #1 party....have a music theme and burn a CD with all kinds of songs you like that hit #1...kids that age LOVE music....you could even find an old record player or two and let her play dj...get creative with it
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008