Could someone please explain the "Facebook" web site to me?

I sort of know what MySpace is and I've discovered lots of oldies (and new) music videos on Youtube, but I don't understand the concept of Facebook and why I should. I feel a little un-informed, or not "with it".

Iluvautumn

Asked by Iluvautumn at 1:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• personally i think facebook is dumb.... its just the same as myspace but not as fun.... i wouldnt waste my time with it... i have a facebook but i never do anything with it because i dont like it
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was actually able to find alot of my friends from high school on facebook. MySpace and Facebook are very similar - its a social network.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• to me it feels more grown up. i use it mostly to keep in contact with people from our church and such. myspace for me is more about hooking up with friends, high school people and such. I am actually starting to love facebook more...it seems more adult!!! plus you get to choose who gets to see your pictures...which i love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• facebook was originally started to allow college students to keep track of each other during school & after graduation. as it got more & more popular the creaters opened it up to highschoolers & then to everyone. you use to have a specific network to start w/ (school or town) but now you can just get a page no network needed. its great for hookin up w/ lost friends & ppl you've moved away from. on facebook there are no backgrounds or music, just your info/pictures & theres silly stuff like games, quizes, movie reviews, buttons, etc.

i hate myspace...too much work to make your page look good & some strange ppl haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Way more friends of mine are on facebook. Facebook alerts my page (lets me know) when my friends add photos, talk to others, it's almost like spying so be sure not to say anything to anyone on facebook you wouldn't mind everyone knowing unless it is in a private message.

i like facebook because I can keep in touch with more friends than I can through myspace.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009