how can i find out if something is legit

does any one know the website that will give you the information when you want to find out if something is legit, my husband has to pay back a loan and there is this company that emailed him and told him that they can help reduce the loan from the regular amount to a lower amount and the email said that they have been on CNBC and that he is for real, how can i find out if we can trust this guy to help reduce the monthly fee for this loan?

raunchy46

Asked by raunchy46 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (-10 Credits)
  • Maybe SNOPES.com??
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If it is a buisness you can get on the better business beaurue and find out I think it is
    BBB.com
    They even have an online site that tells of businesses online. That is a pretty sure way of knowing they are a legit company. But also businesses are not obligated to sign up for this. But I think if they are an online company it speaks highly of them if they do. JMHO
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• thank you very much i will check out both
    raunchy46

Answer by raunchy46 at 2:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i went on BBB.COM and they did not have anything under what i was looking for, so does that mean that they are not legit, can anyone find out for me? it is called Debt Remedy Solution. debttrim.com is thier website. is there such thing as someone helping you reduce the amount of a loan and making an agreement with you with the credit dept. to lower the loan and pay less? has anyone done this and it was real?
    raunchy46

Answer by raunchy46 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I check out www.ripoffreport.com for companies. I did not see Debt remedy Solution listed.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• most emails about loans are scams.....they can pay off your loan but then you get hit with crazy high intrest, unreal time line payoffs! The best thing to do is try to refinance the existing loan at a lower rate.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• don't trust those random emails and even most of the junk mail that you get. there is always a catch and at the very least the interest is going to be twice what the interest is already.
    crwspringer

Answer by crwspringer at 10:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009