Was is that much harder when baby #2 came? I'm so nervous about how will I leave the house lol, Take a shower, more $$ & I have a 16 month old already maybe I'm just a worry wart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• so its a bit harder at first. remember leaving the house the first few times with baby 1. took forever to get ready and you were late for everything. yep it happens again but the good news is it last less time and you get your swing back really fast. at least I did.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 1:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When my daughter was born my son was 13 months old. I'm not going to lie... it was hard for me. Still is a little. My husband really isn't willing to do much with either one of our kids. So, it is hard for me to take a shower and to go out... It's bad.. But it gets better once you get them on the same schedule. Good luck to you.
    xxsweetpeaxx68

Answer by xxsweetpeaxx68 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I didn't think it was harder. My kids are close in age like yours, so I was still in the groove. You'll get your routine down, and figure out what works best for you and your family. Congrats!!

My only complaint is the showering. :) I have to do it at night when the kids are in bed, when dad's "watching" them, in the morning when the kids are in bed, or during nap time. :) Usually I end up taking a shower with at least one of them... then the waters cold before I'm clean! LOL!

maggerralla

Answer by maggerralla at 1:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree, except for my last one was the colicy baby no one wanted LOL that is except for her mommy! That was hard but I am sure you will be fine it will all work out in time. Just like it took time to get things down the first time so it will be agian. Stop worring and just think about how great it will be to hold that beautiful baby!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Stop. Take a breath. Now slowly release it.

I will say....keep your routine. It is easier to deal with the baby on an existing routine, than it is to try to change a toddler to a new routine.

Loading into the car....take them both out...the baby will probably be in the carrier at first, right? (okay guessing here) Set the carrier on the ground at your feet, put the toddler into his seat then put the baby in. Or...set the carrier on the front seat, load the toddler then load the baby. Whatever works for you and your vehicle.

You will drive yourself nuts worrying about it right now. Just enjoy things now (as much as you can at the end of pregnancy) and when something comes up after the baby is here....stop and think through different options. It will all fall into place. Really, it will. Now....having a 33 month old, 11 month old and newborn...different story!! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We can only give our experiences...yours will be unique to you.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My step-dad always tells me that "It doesn't get harder. It just gets different."

I constantly remind myself of that. At first the sleepless nights seemed so hard . . . now its chasing the baby away from the dog food, litter box, little pieces of paper on the carpet, etc that is hard! But none of it is really hard, just very very different. We are creatures of habit, but eventually we do adjust.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my son was 18 months old when my daughter was born this past october , to tell you the truth , it has been awesome ! my son has learned to find things to keep himself content , he loves "sissy" and wants to look at her , hold her and help . he has become so much more independent since daughter was born , when people ask hows junebug (son's nickname) doing with Tori (daughter)we say he is actually better now then he was before Tori was born. Also he is way more attached to his daddy , and hubby really seems to like that :) ! it will all fall into place just have faith in GOD !

GOD bless.
    samanthabaker

Answer by samanthabaker at 7:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009