Has anyone heard of semen allergy causing miscarriage?

We just lost our baby on Christmas Eve in the first trimester. I'm trying to get in to see a fertility specialist, but in the meantime, I'm going crazy with a million reasons why we might not be able to have children. Of course, I'm devastated by the loss of my baby, but even worse is thinking we'll never be able to have one!

I have known for several years that I have an allergy to my husband's semen - it doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally, but usually causes a rash local to the exposure site. We've been together 11 years, so I don't think we need to try harder to desensitize me, and I've done a ton of research on the internet about the allergy, but have found no link to miscarriage. Does anyone know if this could be a reason for our recent loss? Any experience with this very odd issue? Just trying to keep myself from going even crazier here thinking about it with no real knowledge of what's going on.

Mickey_The_Mom

Asked by Mickey_The_Mom at 1:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• I don't believe it would cause a miscarriage. I am so sorry for your loss. as some one who struggled for years to have a successful pregnancy I understand your pain. you can not guess the answers or what if any more. relax and wait for the doctor and whatever tests he wants to do. you can drive yourself mad guessing and imagining problems that might not even be there.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2009