Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can iget help to get costedy of my kid

i am marry to a person that thing he is the boss and i dicide to live him an hi hit me and kick me out of my house and toke my kid and dose not let me see them and every time i go to see them he star fighting with me and do not let me see them and now i put a lawer for divorse and costedy but i am afraid that the jugeg give him the coustedy of my kid

Answer Question

Asked by angeli550 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I can not even decipher your message... try spell check- it works. No wonder you can't have custody of your child, it's probably for the better.


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • I second what both Anon and TiccledBlue said. Then I'm going to add this. You have to find a way to document your attempts to see your kids. It's best if it's done by what the court call a 'disinterested third pary'. Meaning someone that has nothing to gain by the outcome. The police can't help you get the kids. But...if you go to the station and talk to them about the situation one of them may be willing to go with you, watch what happens, then file a report for you. If they do, get copies of all of the reports. That way you have proof that you did not abandon the kids if your soon to be ex tries that.

    Answer by desert_diva at 11:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Talk with your lawyer.

    Based on what you wrote, if I'm translating correctly....(he kicked you out after a fight and kept the kid, and you left. You now have a lawyer and are filing for divorce?) I think he might try to say you abandoned them. Not that you did abandon them, but he can say you left and didn't try to take your kid.

    He hit you. Did you call the police? You have left the kids there, so you obviously have no concerns that he will try to hurt her/ concerns for their safety.

    You need to talk with your lawyer.

    Too much unknown for anyone here. Talk to a lawyer and be honest with him.

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Not true, depends on the case if moms get custody or not. Those mom gets the kids days are WAY over. Believe me I know! I went through hell with my kid! And not b/c I am a bad mom but b/c dads are allowed same rights as moms these days and some judges even like to give the kid to the dad

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • mothers usually get custody unless he can show that he is a better parent. Did you call the police when he hit you. if so get a copy of the police report. if not has anyone seen him hit you. have that person testify at the custody hearing. Now not to be mean or anything but the judge will be judging you so make sure you are dressed nicely and when you speak make sure you use correct english and pronounce your words clearly.

    Answer by Lyndall at 1:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • It can't hurt to try, you just have to prove that you're a worthy parent and capable of caring for your children. Is this guy the birth father your question seems phrased that he isn't. If he isn't the kids father then he has no right to them period.

    Answer by bubblycute at 1:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Why did he kick you out? What broke the camels back. Sorry but I don't like giveing advice to ppl who don't really need there kids. Maybe that sounds mean but I have seen as many bad moms as bad dads. But I am not saying you are one but what is the whole situation?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.