IUD's?

Ok, so I am going to the OB on Monday, and I am going to talk about getting an IUD. I have a few uh 'issues' (i guess you can call them) and I wanted to see if anyone was similar to me, and what has worked for them?
1. I already have a semi low sex drive.
2. I can't do high hormones - gives me migrains
3. I have a bad memory so I can't do pills
4. We don't want kids for about a year or two, so thats why I want an IUD

Can anyone relate? I was on a pill that was supposed to give me a much higher sex drive, but all it gave me was two more prescriptions to make the headaches go away and to help me sleep!! AHH!
Thank you! :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• I have been on an iud for 3.5 years now and I love it. I never have to worry about missing a pill or makeing an appointment for a shot. I do not have the mirena (that one has hormones) I have the coper iud, and this is my second one. Also, when you decide to have more children and have it removed, there is no delay. I was pregnant in 2 weeks after having my first one removed. Also b/c there is no hormones, no side effects, like lowered sex drive or headaches. Although I do have stronger menstral cramps, but not bad. And I do not have a stonger menstral cycle, like some do on it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't remeber about the sex drive seems like it was good, but I couldn't do high hormones and had migranes too. I got the Mirena. It was absolutely fabulous!!! I loved it. And for the time I had it in I didn't have any periods had some spotting the first couple of months then they went away. Don't think I even gained any weight with it. I think it does have very low hormones, but basically it tricks the body into thinking it is already preggo so you don't have periods or whatever. Or at least that is the best I remeber the dr explaining it. but anyways I loved that one. Oh and unless it has since changed you can have it in up to 5 years! Pretty great! But think you had to have already had a baby to get that one. but def look it up and talk to your dr about that one. I have a blood clotting issue so I couldn't have pills and this worked great but everyone is dif. So look it up and talk to dr.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You should be my twin. I got the mirena for all the same reasons you want to. I have a low sex drive ,it won't boost it but it won't lower it. I was also on the shot and it gave a horrible horrible migraines. And gain weight and be psycho. No headaches accept for four year old son.lol. I also couldn't do the pill. It's in one time and that's it. You check the strings inside every month. And i also didn't want kids for two years. But now I want to have mine removed this december. TTC.The only part that you may not like is the inseretion. It hurts like hell for about a day. But my cervix is tilted. So maybe you will have better luck. I love mirena. so i hope whatever you pick monday helps. Good luck.
    zachysmommy04

Answer by zachysmommy04 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have the mirena and I have a low sex drive...but I don't know if that is because my hormones are still messed up after having my son, the mirena or just stress. It's true the Mirena has hormones and the copper Iud paragard doesn't However the hormones in the mirena are very low and they go straight to your uterus. My doctor said it wouldn't effect the rest of my body and said periods are lighter and easier to handle than paragard users.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2009