Have you had a baby with a two vessel umbilical cord?

My little baby Ellie in my belly has only a two vessel cord. I have so many ultrasounds, non-stress tests, and doctor checks, and specialist visits that monitoring her health has become a full time job.

No abnormalities or problems caused by the cord have been found. I am just wondering if any of you mommies have dealt with this and what the outcome was.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, but my friend just did. Her doctor wasn't super concerned, though...she actually didn't know about it for quite awhile. She just had a super healthy, super cute little girl. She even had an extra long induced labor, and baby came out fine with the "faulty" cord. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No...I cannot say i have i will keep you in my prayers, you and your little Ellie,

I had a friend that has had this happen to.

Her baby was perfectly fine,

If there is not no other problems found, With no other Abnormalities, Then be stress free as possible and think positive,
    im sure everything will be fine and your little one will be healthy,
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/two-vessel-cord.aspx
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• The dr's are wanting to keep a very close eye on you to make sure everything is ok. Sometimes it can get tricky and they want to be plenty sure everyone is good to go! Hang in there, it will all be worth it when you hold her in your arms!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My friend went through this years ago. Her son is now 4 and healthy and a typical boy! lol Her dr had suggested aborting him, seeing him now I couldn't imagine!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2009