age.

So I was at school the other day talking to a few other mothers about their kids and somehow age of having kids arose. what do you guys think a good age range for having your kids is? Alot were saying no later than 35 but I personally now I would not want to have kids after maybe 27 at the latest.
So I would say a good age range is 17 - 27. What does everyone elce think?
This was just a discousion that no one could really agree on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My personal opinion is about 35, but I think I say that b/c I am 27, and still think I may want more later.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Hmmm I think 17 is to young but who am I to talk I had my son at 20. I think honestly the ages of 25-30 are a great age.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think 17 is a little young. But I also don't think there is a "good age". I think it's more like "a good point in your life". If you are mature, financially stable, independent, and everything else it takes to raise a child then you're set no matter what age you are. It just so happens that that point in life usually doesn't occur at 17. And of course it doesn't mean that women that aren't in that circumstance when they have a baby won't be a good mother!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would think somewhere between 22-26. Just cause I was 20 when I had my first and relize I should have waited a bit longer, and 26 cause I had my last one at 25 and wouldn't want another one now. But as far as the oldest I would think that 30 would be the farthest. B/c you would be 50 time your kid was grown and out of the house, who would want to put up with that when they are over 50? Well not me in any case. Mine should be grown and gone by 43 at the very least. Not that i am kicking them out or anything but I know how much kids want to get out on there own. Well that is JMHO
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 17 is very controversial as far as being a teen mother.. i was 17 when i had my son.. but as long as you can still handle school and take care of the baby its fine to me.. yea 17- 27 is good.. but in a marriage and with financial stability is even better!! good question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well I am 31 and ready to give birth to my first. I have lived my life, am settled in my career, and ready to take on the challenges ahead. I am out of the age of wanting to party but still young enough to play like a child :)

I look at my sisters that gave birth at very young ages, still in high school, and they struggle every single day with having responsibility at such a young age.

I personally think that between 28 and 35 would be a prime age for childbirth nowadays.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'm done at 35. I think "prime" age depends on the person and how stable they are.....egg wise between 20-25 is good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think 17 is too young. I had my son at 19 and thought that was too young! I agree with the poster who said between 28-35.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i was 16 when I found out I was preggers and that was the perfect age for me.
    I married his father 3 years later.
    I dont belive that you need to be married.
    some... ALOT of "sperm doners" dont deserve to be fathers.
    It takes a boy to make a baby but a MAN to raise one .
    I would say 17- 27 is awesome. I would never have a kid after 30 though
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 2:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 18-35 sounds about right to me....although age & maturity are nothing to do with eachother. so maybe we should go on mental age and not physical
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2009