• In the Spotlight:

Wanting to know about being a foster mom?

momil

Asked by momil at 2:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Are you asking if I want to know about being a foster mom or are you asking for informaiton about becomming a foster mom?
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Check with your state's guidelines on becoming a foster home and speak with other foster families through a local or county foster parent support group.
    I am also sure there are foster parent groups on CafeMom, too.

I only know what it is like to be a foster child, so don't know what to tell you about being a foster parent, except don't make any children who come into your home feel as if they are lucky to even be there and that you can't wait for them to turn 18 to leave. Make them feel loved, that you are the lucky one to have them, and that you want to be a part of their lives even past the age that they need fostering.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2009