What are some games to play in a weight loss group?

If you were in a weight loss group what are some games or incentives you would like to see??

Shorty73

Asked by Shorty73 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Carry around the amount of weight you have lost in a backpack while doing chores.

My personal trainer had me do this and after I had lost 30 lbs and I had to wear that backpack, filled with 30 lbs while cleaning, I got so winded. I never wanted to gain that back!

It is fun to talk about too.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Who makes the best homemade baked goods! LOL....just kidding.
    Seriously, perhaps split the group up into buddy teams and the teams have to work together to support each other, help each other eat healthy, exercise with each other, give each other moral pep-talks each day on the phone, etc. The team, as a whole, who loses the most weight at the end of the time period (say 8 weeks?) wins an exercise club membership or a spa treatment or something. Of course, weighing in and measuring should be done weekly to be sure they are losing weight in a healthy manner. And they can share their "buddy" stories with the other buddy teams so everyone learns from each other.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2009