Does anyone else have dreams of labor?

I do every night. Is this normal? I think I am just nervous.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not of actual labor, but I keep dreaming that the baby is born and I finally get to see him after the delivery that I missed out on! And lastnight I dreamt that I could see his whole face and head protruding from my belly and I had to hold him to keep him inside of me... that was pretty wierd.
    Spades

Answer by Spades at 5:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I know I did. I had it made out to be so much worse then it actually was.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Not yet, however, who is to say that I won't have them. Are there any "normal" dreams while pregnant? I think not!

Just the other night I gave a dehydrated orange an IV of orange juice. In my dream it was life or death for me to save that orange....

Oh to have labor dreams though.... do you feel pain with them? That would be scary!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I had dreams that I had no recollection of labor or delivery, but I was in this sterile white room with my husband and my son, holding him, and he was healthy, but I was horribly sad about not remembering my labor and delivery. Ironically, I ended up needing an emergency c-section after about 10 minutes of pushing, and my son losing his heartbeat (his cord was wrapped around his body), and I had flashes of that as they raced me down the hallways to the OR. Fortunately, like in my dreams, my son was good and healthy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I had my first dream 2 nights ago... it was the most beautiful labor, but the midwife in my dream wasn't the midwife that will be attending, so I was confused. :) But when I woke up I was having BH and I think that brought it on.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009