I'm 22 weeks pregnant, I was super tired my entire first trimester, and then there was a few weeks where I felt better than ever!! Now I am back to no sleep and over exhausted, any advice on how to overcome fatigue?

blairwife

Asked by blairwife at 9:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I suffered from a lot of fatigue when I was pregnant. People told me it would go away after the first trimester and it never did. I ended up getting bloodwork done and found out I was anemic. I began taking iron supplements and made time to relax and would take a short nap at around 3 in the afternoon.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• You should pri talk to your doctor about it! Meanwhile just when ever your tired...get some sleep!! Im 7months n im tired sometimes also. Just try to get some rest as much as possible :)
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and veggies, rest as much as possible. I would also suggest getting ur iron checked.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• take walks in the fresh air and NAP :)
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Try adjusting your eating so that your biggest meal is breakfast, lunch your second biggest, and then a small dinner. (Make sure that the foods you are eating are real energy foods like fruit and protein -- not sugary which will give you a little energy and then cause you to crash.) This will not only help you have more energy to burn during the day, but will help you sleep better at night because your body is not busy digesting a large meal. I switched to this about midway through my 3rd trimester and it really helped a lot!
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 2:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• B vitamins......they are very healthy for you and the baby and will make you feel MUCH better!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008