Are there any moms dealing with mental disorders like depression, ocd, etc?

Just wondering if there are any other moms dealing with these issues like me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• I have depression a lot but i try to look at the happy things in my life. What makes me happy is seeing my baby girl laugh or just give me a big hug can bright my day till her dad gets home. I think if things changed i would be happy. Yeah money is tight i try to put a little money back for fun. Going out to eat or going to a movie. It is nice to talk to people so you don't feel so alone
    momil

Answer by momil at 3:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I dont know what OCD is, but i was suffering from PPD really bad. :(

If you have depressions, you need to see your doctor.
    If you have to take care of a child, then try to get a therapy without medication.

Yes, many people will tell you that only medicine will help you, but thats bullshit. Medicine only solves the cause of a depression, but not the depression itself. Means: they will make you feel great, but you will only feel this way when on medication.

I refused to take any kind of "i-fee-so-great"-medicine. I wanted my therapist to help me solve the real problem. That only works in a therapy.

I wish you the best of luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I do have an anxiety disorder that has been under control for several years. Before I started taking Zoloft I would have a panic attack and lose function of my limbs for several minutes at a time.

I also have self diagnosed OCD that I plan on seeing my doc about after baby is born. I wash my hands after touching just about everything.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder. I have depression and I take meds, I do not "feel so great" on meds, but I don't know what else to do. I take care of four children and I want to be healthy for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Depression yes i have it and i know i do relly bad in winter this is my secon year w/ it that i know for sure.I am not on meds because i don't want to take meds for the rest of my life i'm only 34 i can't see myself at 54 and been on depresstion med for 20 years i'm going to wait as long as i can.There are side effects to these meds and i'm not ready to face that yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes, I have had depression since my mother died when I was a kid, but with my PTSD and BPD it developed into clinical depressiona and I spent about a year in and out of psychiatric hospital and on various medications. ECT finally helped the deepest depression and suicidal urges, but I still suffer depression every day and am on various medications to control it. I also have anxiety attacks due to my PTSD. I now have permanent long term and short term memory loss from the ECT, as well as, migraines. I also have OCD, too, but to a lesser degree. If you saw me today and compared me to the person I was a few years ago, you would swear I was a completely different person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have anxiety issues and also trichotillomania....which is a mental disorder that makes you pull out hair (I don't pull the hair on my head, just my eyelashes and eyebrows). I'm on meds for anxiety and that has helped somewhat with the hair pulling thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yup,I've suffered with depression for several years,atleast for the last 5 years.My highs are really high and my lows are REALLY low. My depression is caused by my hypothyroidism tho.I'm on meds for the hypo,altho my levels still havent evened out. And btw,if you suffer from depression,one think that helps is to think posisitvely.There is almost always a positive side to everythin.You just have to take time out to find it and embrace it. If you think negatively as well as having depression,its waaaay worse. Also,talk to someone,even if its on here.That does tend t help some.So just remember,theres a silver lining to every black cloud.
    Momof4Gr8Kids

Answer by Momof4Gr8Kids at 9:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I suffered from bouts of depression on and off for years. I ended up heavily addicted to herion/cocaine. I ended up going onto the methadone program, which saved my life. I have been clean for 3 1/2 years and am *thisclose* to being completely off of the program. I still get depressed, but thanks to my counselor, I am learning to work through it. Lately I have been really down on myself, but I remind myself of my better qualities, and get down and play with DD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• depression, anxiety disorder, Post Partum Depression on top of it all.. I'm there!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009