My seven motnth old still wakes up for a bottle but when i make him one he only takes a ounce and is a sleep again should i just let him cry it out?

Seven month old still wakes up at night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• add that ounce to the day time bottles and he will/should have enough milk to sustain him though the night.... i'm working on the same thing for my 3.5 month twins... they want that night time bottle at 2:30! ah! But i've got them down to 3 oz at night...slowly cut it to 1/5 an oz and add more to day time...and then he'll stop! (hopefully!)
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes. Or, for an easier transition, you could fill the bottle with juice or water, and then taking it away altogether, so it really isn't cold turkey.
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 10:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Hard to say. If you let him cry it out he might end up waking all the way up. Then you will be up even longer! Sometimes you can't win for losing! Have you tried adding a little cereal to his night time bottle?
    caglecruz06

Answer by caglecruz06 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would try adding cereal to his last bottle before bed---it will hold him over longer till morning.
    LoveJake128

Answer by LoveJake128 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• try a binky, sometimes my son wakes up and i give him the sucker and rub his back and he goes back to bed, i think the sucking comforts him back to sleep, hes not really hungry.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I didn't and I have four kids. You do what works best for you and baby ...No one can say wrong on that .
    lu4

Answer by lu4 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• to me giving him the bottle for only him to drink one oz is better then him wakin up for the whole night and me die of no sleep lol...formula expensive but sleep is more important lol thats just me! good luck...try cereal
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• go with the pacifier...i really think he is just using the sucking to comfort him back to sleep....a paci will do the same and you're not wasting formula and you dont have to go to the kitchen to fix the bottle
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008