Has anyone ever had pneumonia while pregnant?

I have pneumonia and I am 11 wks pregnant (almost 12). My doctor isn't back in the office until Monday but, I do have an appt then. The doctor in the ER was very vague about the effects it could have on the baby. I can't find any info on pneumonia during pregnancy online and I have asked in several groups here but, no one seems to know! Do any of ya'll have any experience with this? I just took my last of the antibiotics and I do feel better but, I am not well! I am still coughing up junk and running fever on and off. I'm not so much worried about my health but, I want to know the baby is ok.

chel1195

Asked by chel1195 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• The baby should be just fine. Make sure your doctor does a thourough look at the baby on Monday at your appointment. Believe it or not the baby can withstand a lot as long as your body is up to fighting the infections. I went through everything during my pregnancy from food poisoning to you name it and my son came out healthy happy and huge lol Hope you feel better
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did have pneumonia early on in my pregnancy. I also did the antibiotics but my fever diminished before I completed them.

Monday is a long way a way and it may be worth calling your doctor on call tomorrow. They may just call in another round of antibiotics for you.

BTW, I am not 8 months pregnant and all is well. Best wishes and feel better.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• *now* 8 months pregnant.....
    girlneffy

• I had pneumonia early on, like you, around 11 or 12 weeks, with my daughter. She's 11 and fine!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Hey I was as far long as you when I had Pnuemonia, it sucks I know but so far the baby hasn't been afftected by it. The ER shoudl have given you meds though to take for 3-5days, and the meds shold be ok to the baby. Hang in there.
    callahan4life8

Answer by callahan4life8 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My mom had it at the end of pregnancy when she was pregnant for me. Ummm I would say draw your own conclusions (it's a joke). I am perfectly fine really.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009