Do You Have a Home Business?

Hello to all my WAHM's out there! I have come to realize on my Journey for work at home and now being Successful that it is so much more than just "Working your Business"... my WHY and Goals for life were one of the main reasons why I became Successful! What is your "WHY" and what do you want to acheive in 2009?

jennifermay

Asked by jennifermay at 4:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• My WHY: My two daughters! I want to be able to provide for them in life without having to worry about where the money is coming from. By no means do I want to hand them everything they want, but I want to be able to go on vacations and such.

What I want to achieve in 2009: I would like to expand my business into several more states. In the 7 months that I've been with Scentsy, I was able to reach consultants in 5 states. My goal is to have consultants in every state. I'm hoping that 2009 will be a very successful year for us.
    ScentsyinIA

Answer by ScentsyinIA at 8:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My WHY is because I want to have the freedom I need to be with my family. A 9-5 job just doesn't give that. My goal for 2009 is to increase my down line by 50%, increase my fundraiser clients by 50% then go a nice vacation! lol
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My WHY is my family. I have to support a household financially since my husband was injured and discharged from the Army. I get to stay home with my youngest daughter during the day, spend a few evenings every week with my oldest daughter at a dance school, and I can significantly financially contribute to my family's budget. It's the difference between eating hamburger or eating prime rib. :)
    Ms.Melanie

Answer by Ms.Melanie at 12:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Oh yeah, in 2009 I wish to triple my income. Forgot to add that above!
    Ms.Melanie

Answer by Ms.Melanie at 12:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my why is my 4 kids. So they can have my all the time and not a little here because of working. Also to increase my downline. To take a nice vacation to mexico and be with family
    Billiejo22001

Answer by Billiejo22001 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Hey Jennifer, great question.... My why is both my 2 girls and my amazing husband. He is 23 years older than I am, and works sooo hard to make sure we have everything that we need, but his health and body is not going to hold up forever. I want to make enough money for him to come home and relax for the first time in his life and enjoy the time we have while our girls are young.

Again.... fab question!!!!!
    mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I am turning my tutoring biz into a tutoring and sitter referral service. I do it so that I can provide my children with things like dance, music lessons and art. I homeschool them so any extra curricular is expensive. This also covers curriculum costs and anything extra I want to do for myself and family.

I also am a coach with Beach Body. Although I would love to make a lot of money as a coach my real why is to be held accountable for working out and watching my diet. It's a MLM that is much easier to do than any other I've investigated and the company gives me customers but I only work it very part-time. So while I get free customers and love helping others get healthy, I tend to not put as much time in it as those earning six figures!
    tlcbran

Answer by tlcbran at 4:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's all about freedom. Freedom to decide what I want to do with my days. Freedom to go to my son's lacrosse games about the United States, freedom to help my daughter with my grandchildren when she needs me, or to help my 91 YO mother when she needs me. I love being there for my family and wouldn't want to work for someone else. An at home job is perfect for me and my life style.
    If you are looking for a passive income also, check out: http://www.urworthit.biz.

Blessings to you in 2009!
    chrish347

Answer by chrish347 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009