• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my baby to fall asleep on her own without being cradled?

I know she's still an infant but my in-laws spoiled her so much that she always wants to be held!

SheenaJustine

Asked by SheenaJustine at 9:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting one of your t-shirts on a pillow, or letting her use a baby blanket the both of you have cuddled in. The smell of mommy is comforting to her and it may help. Good Luck and God Bless...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Put her down in her carseat or a baby papasan chair. Sometimes the coziness of the seats can soothe them to sleep. Have you tried swaddling her? BTW, there is nothing wrong with holding and cradling a baby - your in-laws haven't done anything wrong! :-)
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• try holding her hand at first, then caressing her wiht my time between caresses. it will take a little longer but it will be less stressful for her. personally, though, i'd cradle her as long as i coudl. these days pass so fast.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• if you want some detailed information on teaching a child to sleep---i have some good ideas... just message me and i'll send some views... :)
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2008