Im exusted!

My 4 month old was such a good sleeper. He woke up about once if thats around 430 and then would sleep to 7-730 recently about 2 weeks ago he started waking up every 10 mins to a hour but no longer. Its killing me he goes right back to sleep I walk out and all I have to do it A. put his paci in his mouth B. Put on his music or C. feed him (he eats like an ounce and then is out or so I think) WHY is he doing this Tonight he was up every 20 mins from one thirty on ! I cant deal with it. Its to much im so tired!

serenaxxmarie

Asked by serenaxxmarie at 6:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe he's not comfy? does he sleep on his back? try putting him on his tummy and see if he sleeps longer.?.? just some suggestions. other than that I don't really know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It would maybe be a little early for teething, but its possible...my daughter did this before every growth spurt and every time she cut a tooth. It sucks.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I personally wouldn't put a baby on its tummy until s/he is consistantly rolling over.

My DD also does this before she cuts a tooth, or when she's not feeling well. And yup, its a couple minutes on the breast then she's out like a light! It usually lasts (for us) about a week, but its HELL!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Its been like 2 weeks and it was getting better and then I just got ten time worse:( and he isnt taking his regular naps either so I know its not too much sleep during the day
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 11:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my son started doing the same thing, its because hes may be teething, but my dr. said it happens around this time, babies that once slept will not always sleep.
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Have you checked fever or if his gums are red. It could be teething, but it sounds like an ear infection... Have him checked out to be safe. Sometimes when you are sleep deprived in the middle of the night, common sense doesn't exist. I say this, because it happens to me alot. Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Could be reflux, teething, or an ear infection - if he has a fever at all, you should call the dr so if it is an ear infection he can get some antibiotics. I remember when my son was that age and got an ear infection, he would start screaming every time we laid him down. Has something to do with the pressure on the ear canal being greater when they are on their back. You can try rolling up a towel to put under one end of his mattress so his head will be elevated a little - this works well for reflux, too. Hope you get some rest soon!
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My daughter started doing this in her co-sleeper. I switched her to her crib and it stopped. I think she was uncomfortable. Also, make sure your baby is fully asleep before laying her down, which can take a while after they fall asleep. Watch for her to be still, limp, and in REM! Good luck and it will get better!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 2:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I know the feeling! My son had been sleeping through the night and then all of a sudden stopped. It's been going on for 2 months now! Last night he was up 10 times! And like your son, doesn't really need anything. We do about the same things to have him go back to sleep. We haven't found anything that works yet to keep him asleep... and we have tried everything we can think of. I think the key is to teach him to soothe himself back to sleep... although we haven't figured out HOW!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my son did that for a short time then went back to normal I asked my dr. about it and she said it could just be is makeing sure youare still there for what ever reason. g/l
    Anonymous