with autism on the rise and being linked to vaccines, are there any parents who are seeking other alternatives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Honestly speaking vaccines are not linked to autism and has been proven, I have a child with autism and it can be traced in genetics and can be caused by lack of oxygen during pregnancyn and delivery. My child with autism is my little brother and my mom had a very hard delivery with him. She had to be placed on oxygen and it was scary for him after he was born. But with all the advancements being made let's all focus on a cure for this problem. Good Luck with your answers and God Bless.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The "link" is very weak. The best evidence right now shows that some children have genetic problems that make them more likely to develop autism under differnt stressful situations. It is possible that the stress of the vaccine may trigger those genetic problems to become active but the illness itself will do the same and may kill the child too.

There is no alternative to vaccines. The only other choice is to not vaccinate.

Either way, it's a gamble. You make the best decision you can for your family, you roll the dice, and take your chance. Get the shots and maybe cause problems. Don't get the shots and maybe watch your child struggle with a preventable illness that has a good chance of putting him in the hospital and may kill him. Either way, you will feel awful if your choice goes wrong.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Its NOT the Vaccines - its been proven its in the Genetics and Problems in Pregnancy. Not Vaccines! Vaccines is what the kids need to be healthy and fight problems, so its important they get the shots!
    Anonymous

• It's not vaccines it is genetics. It has been proven. You just have to look outside the US for the information. And I don't really need to worry about it anyways for I have autism and don't see what the big deal is, am pretty sure my children will all have autism and feel that the need to protect them from life threatening diseases is important.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• its both seriously look up both sides of the stories before you make a decision!!! yes it can be genes.. but it is ALSo vaccines.. just the ingredients in them.... if you want REAL information on them or natural alternatives, feel free to message me :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:32 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• For those of you who adamantely assert that it is not the vaccines, please check with the Georgia Supreme Court who just awarded a family $16 million dollars for the dilitarious effects of vaccines on their son with Autism. Vaccines do not in themselves ensure Autism. However, if the enviroment of a child (ie genes) is predisposed, then the vaccines CAN cause Autism. The vaccinations severly attack a child's immune system and allow things to develop. This is especially true for newborns who do not have the ability to fight off the immune system attack. On the advise of my MD, we did not vaccinate my daughter. He does suggest that after 2 when her immune system has fully developed, we can if we feel strongley about it start to vaccinate for certain diseases. She is 3 now, has never been sick, has never had an ear infection and we still have not vaccinated her. We have allowed her immune system to develop naturally and it is strong.
    LauraSophia

Answer by LauraSophia at 9:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2008

• LauraSophia - I believe you are talking about the Poling case. The child has never been diagnosed with autism; she only has autism like symptoms. And she wasn't predisposed to autism. She had another genetic condition that deteriorated after the vaccines which caused all of her problems but they didn't know about the other genetic condition till after the harm had been done.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2008