AFTER 3 KIDS AND EVERYTHING I DO AROUND THE HOUSE I AM ALWAYS TO EXHAUSTED TO SPEND "QUALITY TIME" WITH MY HUSBAND WHAT ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS TO KEEP OUR LOVE LIFE ACTIVE AFTER A TIRING DAY WITH MY KIDS?

HE CONSTANTLY ASKS FOR MORE TIME,ATTENTION, AND "LOVING" AND SOMETIMES I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY. I WANT TO KEEP HIM FROM LOOKING ELSEWHERE BUT RAISING MY 3 KIDS AND MY STEP DAUGHTER I'M ALWAYS TIRED.

MENDOZAMOM315

Asked by MENDOZAMOM315 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him there's nothing sexier than a man who knows how to do housework. Tell him that your loins quiver when he gives the kids baths and brushes their hair. Tell him you are wild with desire every time he folds a basket of clothes.

Tell him when he is ready to be a co-parent and not a guest in a hotel, it's on like donkey sexy kong.

Until then.......well......there's always Rosie Palm and her five sisters.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• LOL @ Wimsey! Great answer!!!

I would also suggest you tell your hubby to find a reliable and loving family member willing to take the children for a couple of days so the two of you can get time away.

But the above advice is the best - when he pitches in to help then you will feel less exhausted and have some energy for him.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I will never understand how a woman can be too tired for sex. I've been a sahm for 13 years with 5 kids and I've never been too tired. What could you possibly be doing that exhaustes you? Do you allow your kids to trash your house every day and have to reclean it? I don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Right - it's all her fault, ANON.

If your life is so great - sign you fraking name or move on.

(I am so tired of ANONs having perfect lives!!!)

NEXT
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• NO I DON'T ALLOW MY KIDS TO TRASH MY HOUSE BUT I DO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY KIDS AND GOOD MOTHERS HAPPEN TO GET TIRED WHAT DO YOU DO HIRE A BABYSITTER(IN RESPONSE TO ANONYMOUS)
    MENDOZAMOM315

Answer by MENDOZAMOM315 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I know how exuasting it is...I am a mother of 5 myself ages 14,16,17,21,23,and soon to be a gammie and a recent widow...when they were young i felt that I never had time to myself or time with my husband...the house will stay...make time for each other, we originally tried dating once a month and were able to start dating once a week...we asked family for help in the beginning, someone would take the kids for a few hours and we would just enjoy a nice evening either at home together or at a resteraunt even though it seemed like we always talked about the kids...as they got older when one would get dropped off to CCD(night time) we went out for dinner nearby...believe me you need to make time for each other you never know when he will be taken away from you...enjoy him now...
    gammiesangels

Answer by gammiesangels at 8:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I work full time and have 5 kids still at home and it is hard. Anyone like the ANON that answered they always have time are SAHM's. 5 kids, some have to go to school and I am sure you do have time for sex when hubby walks in the door, it is real hard to lay on your back and do nothing but most women are not SAHM's and have to work and for me if I am to tired my hubby does not get mad. I just even it up the next morning or night. He does not make a big deal out of it. Because when we have sex, we have SEX and it is not a quicky. So, if you are concerned he might go elsewhere. Make a schedule of cleaning, cooking, etc... stay in a positive mood. Take a hot bath and relax even with kids banging on the door. It can happen, you just need to find what works for YOUR family not ANON's.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 8:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My ? is how old your children are? If they can help, get them to help.Your husband should also help. You don't have to do it all. Have a datenight weekly ,bi-weeklymonthly or whatever, so you can get the romance back. No matter how the house looks on your datenight, go out. Find someone you can trust to care for them. Then both of you will have something fun and wonderful to look forward too. Even tho you are married with children, you should still go out on a date, and it doesn't have to be extravagant.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Whenever my hubby does something super helpful, I have always made it a point to say thank you. Often that includes me rubbing against him. It IS so freaking sexy when a guy acts like a loving partner. The other day my guy was holding our son and moving furniture while I talked to a friend. My friend and I both agreed how sexy something like that is. Later I told him of the conversation, and he beamed.

Butterflybabies

Answer by Butterflybabies at 8:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Okay, I think that maybe you should try this. Pick one day and put the kids to bed early and then make a special dinner that only you 2 are going to eat. Set the table for romance with candles and everything. I also put little notes in his wallet to remind him how much I love him.

I am not sure the age of your children, but I do think it gets easier as they get older. My children are now 12, 10 and 7, which makes it a little easier.

The last thing that we do is on Sunday mornings we lay in bed and talk. Even if the kids are up and then the kids come in and we spend about 1/2 hour together.

Good Luck and don't let people get you down. Life is a great balancing act and it is never easy. You always have to work at it.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2009