Would you hurt your child in public as discipline?

Let me tell you the story i was standing in a return line at wal~mart the other day and this little boy about 7 or 8 keeps running around.Instead of the mother leaving the line an talking w/ her son she grabs his ear and twist it a little .Then the boy screams of course,and says mom why did you hurt me.Well i can't belive my eyes i don't even do that at my own home,I'm thinking is this what everyone does?I wanted to slap the b*tch and grab her ear but i did'nt..would you grab your childs ear in public like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• That was an unnecessary punishment. You hear a lot of stories about parents disciplining their children in public that are not appropriate.

Anonymous

• Uh no, thats cruel.This is a case of someone not deserving the gift they were given, a child.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think discipline is different to everyone, she wasnt beating him, i bet he stopped running around. I'm not saying i condone it, but maybe thats her way.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Not for nothing but a 7 or 8 year old kid knows better than run arround at the store!
    Maybe that kid was being bed all day and the mother had no more patience left and snapped in public.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 8:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• OOps... I meant being BAD not bed LOL sorry
    Paty_hotmommy

• No i would not do that in public or at home, we ground our 11 yr old and do time out w/ my 5&3 yr olds.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My gosh anon 813, did you even read the ? and you have the nerve to go off on her. maybe if people like you would start reading and comprehending what is read you won't say stupid shtuff.I see you don't have your kids, could be the way you are acting and you act the same with a name to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 8:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 by: Anonymous 0p- UMMM did you not read the whole thing at the top?I would not hurt my child ever.....................................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Nope, I don't ever physically hurt my kids...in public or in private.
    danandsamsmom

Answer by danandsamsmom at 8:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Anonymous 813 READ,READ,READ, all of what is said then make your answer.hehehe!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2009