Bumps all over! Poor baby. I was told it was a skin infection and there is nothing that can be done.

The doc said we just have to wait it out, but they once again got worse over night. I didn't get chance to ask more questions before she rushed out of the room (very busy day at the office) and its Saturday so I am only going to get an answering service. And when I say its bad. I mean bad bad. Not just a few red bumps, but ALL OVER his body. even his face and ears.

SO here's the question. What the heck is it!? And how bad is it going to get before its better? AND what can I put on him to make it stop itching? Baths are ok, but I don't want/have the time to give him one 4+ times a day.

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 9:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Itchy red bumps.... are you sure it's not chicken pox?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• is there any way you can send me a picture or post a picture here? so i can see what the bumps look like?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I am not sure if this is the same thing. My sisters daughter just had a rash all over her body and it was do to an allergic reaction to one of her meds. There really was nothing they could do for her but wait it out. It took about 7 days before she started looking herself. They stared going away after about 3 days, but she looked bad for about another 5 days.

I am not sure how old your son is, but if it really bad and the DR did not give you anything I would call the answering service again. If it is an infection you might be able to try antibacterial cream. I know when my son gets infections that is what I use.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yeah she thought it was scarlet fever because his throat was a little red (he had a nice screaming fit before we got to the doctors) but the test came back negative for that. She says its just a skin infection...
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 9:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Oatmeal bath?Might Help a little maybe, at least with the itching.
    neenerashley

Answer by neenerashley at 9:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• neenerashley took the words right out of my mouth. My first had a skin infection, and it just kept getting worse, but we stuck it out like the dr said and true to her word his bumps went down over a week and a half. But you can try oatmeal baths, we did and I'm pretty sure that it helped the itching.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/coreyjamesdavis/DSCF1676.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/coreyjamesdavis/DSCF1682.jpg

Here are some pics of it...
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 9:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Oatmeal. This is gonna sound stupid but like the Quaker Oats, or is there a bath oatmeal?
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 9:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Pour a cup of uncooked oatmeal into your bathwater and soak him in the tub.. And it should ease the itching, it's worth a try :). I hope he gets well soon.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• And no there's not a bath oatmeal, it's just oatmeal oatmeal. Well that's what we used when the kids had chickenpox or rashes etc..
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2009