Cadaver Dogs?

My son is doing a report on them and he found most of his answers but cant find out how long it would take to train one, any of you moms know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Has he tried calling the police station and asking? I would think they would be willing to answer. I don't know how long, but I think it's probably quite a bit.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have a friend who does this type of training. When I asked him this questions, he said that it depends on the dog and on the trainer. Then the discussion when onto how the training is done.
    A dead pig is let to sit out for a few days and then is left in the line of sight for the dog. Then gradually, the pig is taken further and eventually hidden. Sometimes a state organization would use human body parts, such as a finger.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009