• In the Spotlight:

Baby kicks

I am almost 18 weeks pregnant and I do feel the baby kick every once in awhile, but how often should I be feeling it kick and how strong should it be?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• at first you wont feel it as often and not as strong...the farther along you get the more frequent it will be!!
    mconatser

Answer by mconatser at 9:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• At this point, flutters would be normal, maybe even every couple of days. A lot of moms don't feel baby move until 20 weeks or even later. So you are ahead of the curve here. In a couple of weeks you should be getting more regular, more obvious movements. With both of mine, I felt them move early, but would only feel little flutters every couple of days until about 24 weeks. Then it was more like every couple hours, and actually distinguishable kicks.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My doctor always says nothing is constant till 28 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• yay im 24 weeks and i dont even feel her all the time
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2009