Do you have a weekly meal plan?

If so what is it this week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I plan out two weeks at a time. This week we are having:

Today- Tacos
    Tomorrow- Lasagna
    Monday - Breakfast for dinner, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon
    Tuesday - Parmesan Crusted pork chops, homemade mac & cheese
    Wed - Sesame Chicken Stir Fry & egg rolls
    Thurs - Chicken and spanish rice
    Fri - something from the grocery store (that's the night I do my shopping, so I usually pick up something quick and easy)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I plan on Saturdays what my meals are going to be before I go shopping. I make a list of all the things I have planned and keep that on the fridge and we decide from that what we are going to eat that night. I have
    chicken enchiladas with rice and beans
    spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread with salad
    Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn
    Chili and cornbread
    Chicken linguine
    Pizza

Saturday nights it is just my husband home, so I don't plan for that, and Sunday nights the boys always do pizza
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No, I just go with the flow.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have tried several times with a weekly menu, but rarely I stick to it. I usually make first a list of meals that I know my family likes, especially kids, and then try to alternate stews and soups with rice, pasta or casseroles like one meal has a stew or veggie and meat as main dish beside salad, and a fruit or desert.
    The last menu I planned was a couple months ago, it is still stick on my refrigerator door, but it doesn't help me so much though, it is just my type. I think organizing is really good and helpful, but also for personality types like mine, it would put a lot of pressure if you do not stick to the menu.
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 2:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• On Sundays I sit down and plan out the entire week as well as a grocery list. I will post the menu on the refrigerator as a reminder. This usually works very well for our family.
    magsd508

Answer by magsd508 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009