i had my membranes stripped yesterday at 2 and lost my mucus plug this morning at 6, plus i'm having contractions their not painful though, anyone have an experience like this? how much longer til baby??

MrsFrazier21

Asked by MrsFrazier21 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could be anytime. It just depends when the baby wants to come. Just keep track of the contractions. And if your water breaks.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It could be a couple of hours of up to a week. It's just whenever your baby is really ready to come. Just relax and try to enjoy the last little bit before baby. Get as much rest as you can. If you're real anxious and ready for baby, I'd suggest going on a walk. I don't know if this really helps or not, but people say it helps move things along. Good luck and CONGRATS!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 11:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I really wish doctors would stop doing this. It causes painful cramps and doesn't always work (to start labor)

My sister in law and I were pregnant at the same time. She was due two weeks before me. She allowed the doctor to do this to her, and I wouldn't. Her baby was born 13 days before me. I had my baby in his time, and I never had to deal with the cramps and bloody show she had. Good luck to you. Remember, the baby IS going to come out. Just try to rest.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well, as the doctor always say, baby will come when baby is ready. Truly know one can really answer this for you. Once the pains get stronger, you feel like you need to have a bowel movement and pains are hitting 5 minutes or less then it is time. But it is only time when the pains are 5 minutes apart for one consecutive hour. I hope I help, because every pregnancy is different.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 11:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It could be anytime from a few hours to a week or more. Getting your membranes stripped does not always cause labor to start. Your labor will start when the time is right for your body. Sorry that's not a very good answer. Your baby will be born before you know it, don't worry!
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 5:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009