Gerber Grow-Up Plan?

Have you done it or do you know anything about it? I am interested in doing this for my children but want to know if it's worth it! THANKS!

TylersMama05

Asked by TylersMama05 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do it. I pay 9.38 a month, and it's always worth it if something happens.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We have it just in case. We couldn't afford to bury our son if something were to happen. And it's always nice to have it for the kids when older because you can cash it out for college if you want. And $140 a year isn't expensive at all.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I couldn't live a day with out my son so I choose not to. My friend has it for her children. I guess it just depends on how you feel.
    tabarismom

Answer by tabarismom at 1:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• gerber life is a whole life policy, which are never recommended by financial professionals. it's up to you, but term life is usually recommended.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• but a term life ins policy would TERM (end) and then your child would have to pay a higher premium when they chose to get life insurance on themselves....wouldnt it be better to lock in a LOW rate for them now and then the chance of them keeping it once they are on their own would be greater? if my mom had gotten it on me i would have kept paying it and at least i would know that my family would be covered if something were to happen to me. now to get ins on myself ill be paying about 5 times (literally) the amount that she would have started paying...and all for the same coverage.
    addies_mom_2009

Answer by addies_mom_2009 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009