A little concerned...

Does all gelatinous material have to be a mucus plug? I wiped this morning and had a quarter size blob of clear, brownish stuff on the tissue. I'm only 25 weeks. Could it just be a blob of discharge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could definitely just be discharge. A lot of women have more discharge during pregnancy (me included). I'm not sure about the brownish color, though. Mine is always clear. You may want to put a call in to the dr. if it continues just to be safe.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It would be best to call the doctor. Probably it is OK, but no use to worry about it.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• this sounds gross.......but I had MUCH more mucus discharge near my 25th week in all of my pregnancies. ask your OB to ease concerns.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It was most likely NOT your mucus plug (that some people put so much value on for labor!) In my experience, blood by itself, cramps by themselve are ok (unless prolonged). Cramps and bleeding together are a must call to the doctor. You are probably fine. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2009