Should I hyphenate my DD's 1st name?

So DD's name is Sophia Isabelle Lillian. She has two middle names because DH and I could agree on one so she got two. We have been meeting all these Sophias that are her age or close sense we brought her home. Dh had the idea (as we were driving home from the hospital) to hyphenate her first name so it would be Sophia-Isabelle. I like the idea and already call her that we she is naughty but she is two already. That does leave us some time to change it before she starts school though. What should I do?

shineyllamatues

Asked by shineyllamatues at 8:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• im not sure how you can go about doing it legally but i would just do it -i have a g-son whos name is hyhenate for the same reason --but they had it done that way at bith on his B/C---John-Dylon Anthony then his last name -sorry i know im not much help
    needtochat

Answer by needtochat at 8:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2011

• If you want people to address her as Sophia-Isabelle, then I hyphenate it. If it's just a middle name, then no.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 8:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2011

• We call her SophieBelle and when she gets to school I dont want her to be Sophia P.
    shineyllamatues

Comment by shineyllamatues (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2011

• SophieBelle is extremely cute! I love that!!! I wouldn't bother hyphenating. Too long a name for her to write. Just let everyone know that she is called SophieBelle. So cute!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2011

• Even if you hyphenate, most people are going to call her Sophia anyway.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2011

• @mompam- I think that is what we will do.
    shineyllamatues

Comment by shineyllamatues (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2011

• She has a nice name either way. That's funny cause today I was thinking if I had another girl I would like to name her Sophia or Sophie.
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 1:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2011

I agree with this.  But who knows.  Hyphenating it is totally up to you and your DH.

poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• I wouldnt pay to go through the whole process of getting her name legal changed just so you can hyphen the name. As long as you introduce her as SophieBelle and she tells people to call her that then you shouldnt have a problem.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• See that was my hang up. Is the money. DH makes enough and the little bit of extra money we have we use to go back east to see family every year or so.
    shineyllamatues

Comment by shineyllamatues (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2011