feeding....

is it ok to breastfeed && bottle feed??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it better that way. (if you are putting your breast milk in there) and when the baby gets older and you wanna get him/her off your boobs then I think its best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• not really bottle feeding has baby suck in a different manner and will make breastfeeding very hard, or impossible if you dont only breastfeed for the first few months. It affects the way they latch on, which then can cause damage to your nipples like bleeding and whatnot
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I suggest waiting for the first 6 weeks to get the baby used to your breast. If you introduce the bottle too early it can stop the baby's interest in your breast because it is more work for them to drink from the breast than drink from the bottle. I breast fed two and bottle fed two (kids!) I also highly recommend the playtex nursers versus the avent because the avent were so hard and the babies didn't like them. (In my experience, and I know others like them just fine)
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You will need to establish the breastfeeding first and keep in mind that if you go to pumping a lot it may have a negative effect on your supply. It may not. But most of the women I know that did more pumping ended up not having long term breastfeeding success.
    Anonymous