Cincinnati

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some family friendly things to do in Cincinnati (this summer). We're taking a 4 day trip (3 nights) since we can't afford anything too big this year. We're traveling from PA (about a 4 hour car drive) and hoping that there is something else other than Kings Island. My kids will be 3, 2, and 3 months old at the time. Our main purpose of the trip is to go to KI, but I was hoping to do something on a daily basis that we don't have here in PA. Thanks! =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Travel

• You have to go to the zoo of course and there is an aquarium. I love the aquarium!!!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• have you considered going to sandusky ohio?? I love here... and there is Cedar Point you could go one day, Soak city which is a water park and a beach :) We have Kalahari which is a HUUUGGEE indoor water park.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We only live 2-3 hours from Sandusky, so we'll save that for next summer since you suggested! :)

Or maybe we could do Kalahari this fall since it's indoor. Sounds fun! Thanks for the tips!

MizAnn - We'll definitely have to go to the aquarium. I read that they don't allow strollers though...how did that work out for you?
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• the newport aquarium is a great place to go
    happydancemom

Answer by happydancemom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I live less than an hour from Cincinnati and agree that the zoo and aquarium would be great for your young kids. The Cincinnati Museum Center has 3 or 4 museums in it and the Children's Museum would be fun for your kids too. In nearby Florency, Kentucky (practically next door to Cincinnati & a very short drive) is a Jump Zone place that I just learned about. It has lots of indoor inflatable jumping things in it. There is also a place called Coney Island nearby in northern Kentucky. It is a smaller amusement park that also has a large swimming pool and some slides.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• we planned a trip to kings island over the summer. we had so much fun. if they like the nickelodeon shows, the kids area is great. we stayed at great wolf lodge, which is walking distance (if you're a "walker") from kings island. it is kinda pricey, but sometimes they offer discounts (which we caught a good one).
    the aquarium was very fun. they do allow strollers...i think all the time now. used to be not on weekends, but they'd give you a free backpack thing to stick your kid in, but i'm pretty sure it depends on the season. good luck on your search and have fun!
    samkimber80

Answer by samkimber80 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would bet that the City has a great tourist web site. they all seem to now a days. You could send for info from there too.Usually coupons are included. I just know how much I like
    " CICINATTI CHILI!"
    you have to try it. Have it 4 way over noodles pilled with cheese and beans!! Gold star is my fave but Skyline is good too! Check them out on the web. do a google search.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, you have to try the Cincinnati chili. Skyline is my favorite, but Gold Star is good too. Another Cincinnati favorite (and my overall favorite pizza) is Larosas Pizza; you have to try it too. Graeters ice cream should be on your stop too especially since you have kids.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There are lots of stuff to do there is the zoo, the aquarium, the cincinnati musium (union terminal), the childrens museum, the freedom center which is a underground railroad museum. there are the ball parks plus we have many beautiful family parks that usually have festival days. we have kings island, the beach water park, coney island, river downs which is a race track and if you have the money you can take a lunch cruise on one of the B&B riverboats or even check out the delta queen .

oh and don't forget to eat at Gold star!!!!
    redhead-bedhead

Answer by redhead-bedhead at 5:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• oh and there is the great wolf lodge and COCO Keys which is an awsome indoor water park
    redhead-bedhead

Answer by redhead-bedhead at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009