For those of you with your kids in Daycare... Have you ever looked in to a live in nanny?

I am an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA. And I know prices are different everywhere. But around here a live in full time nanny goes for around $350 and an extra bedroom... A daycare costs $20/day/child... so for two kids you are paying $800 a month for limited hours...

I am home with my kids so I don't have to worry about it but I was just wondering how many of you considered it or looked in to it. And why you chose daycare.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• If it is someone you can trust to have and maintain the same parenting skills as you it could be a great help! That is something I think every working mother would like to have. I know I would and it is something I would consider. The downside would be the bond between the nanny and the children, that could be hard on any mom but you have to remember to be the mom when you are home and with the kids and to keep that distinction clear at all times.
    toweringbeauty

Answer by toweringbeauty at 12:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I guess the working moms in your area must be lucky. I live about an hour and a half from Atlanta and most live-in Nanny's cost anywhere from $250-$850 a WEEK! My SIL was a live out Nanny and earned $10 an hour for 50 hours a week. So that would be $500 a week.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I found a daycare right around the corner from us. I pay about $65 a week for each child. They really love going to her house and I could not be happier.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 12:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• where I am, nanny's are more expenive. Plus, I really like my day care and I like that my dd gets to interact with other children, has a very structured day, I have menu's posted each week, notes of her sleep patterns, diaper changes, etc. I'm not sure I'd get all that with a nanny. Plus, if one of the teachers isn't doing a good job, the day care usually gets a new one or tests them with a different age. I dont' have that benefit with a nanny. I guess I just like the social environment of the day care.
    Anonymous

• I work at a day care..It isn't cheap at all. Actually my daughter is 6 1/2yrs old, when she was a toddler I had to put her in day care for like 2yrs. I'd rather be a stay at home mom.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009