Sharp pain

Every now and again ill get a sharp pain on one hip, it is normally on the same side. Im 17 weeks. i had a doc app last week and everything was fine...well telling just from the heart beat. it happened before the appt. It also doesnt happen much maybe once every other week....have you experienced this as well.

no other pains and no bleeding

SpiffyMom

Asked by SpiffyMom at 9:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, I've never been pregnant before but this sounds scary to me! Did you tell the doctor about this pain? If your doctor said it wasn't anything to worry about then I'd trust her and only bring it up if it gets worse or more frequent. If you haven't talked to her about it, make sure you bring it up next appointment.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• if it is in the BACK of your hip... a little above your bum or possibly even radiating into it it could just be sciatica, which is just pain due to the baby sitting on your sciatic nerve. And there isnt much you can do about it. :) Hope that helps.
    nwdscw

Answer by nwdscw at 10:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• it usually is in my back in the same area. it doesnt last long either just kinda sharpe pain for a min then it goes away after a few seconds.
    SpiffyMom

Answer by SpiffyMom at 10:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had that too and believe it is normal. Your ligaments and such are starting to stretch and it is uncomfortable. Your body even releases hormones that soften your muscles in that hip region so that when the time comes your baby will be able to come out and meet you. Try not to worry too much and just enjoy but also trust your instincts and always get checked out if your gut tells you something is wrong. The fact that you are paying attention to your body and concerned for your baby are signs that you are going to be a terrific mama! Enjoy you pregnancy, it doesn't seem like it now but its over in a flash.
    shancali

Answer by shancali at 11:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• yea that sounds like ligimant pain, its very common and hurts, i had pain in both hips for the last few months of my preg so bad i was crippled if i got out of a long car ride or sat too long.
    sleeping was hard to you should invest in the good body pillows, good luck.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008