My period is three days late and I took two pregnancy test which came back negative could I be pregnant still?

If my period is three days late with two negative pregnancy test could I still be pregnant?

cottoncandy24

Asked by cottoncandy24 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, you could be. I'd wait a week and try again. With my current pregnancy the first test I took was negative, I waited a week and tested again, and sure enough, I'm pregnant!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Wait a week. If your period still hasn't come then test again. If it is negative, go see your doc.
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 12:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You could still be pregnant, but is your period usually the exact same day everytime? Also, it is probably too soon to show up on a pregnancy test.
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 12:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Your body may not have a high enough level of HCG, which is what those tests look for. Many of them require a level of 50, while others detect as low as 25. IF you have ovulated late, then it may not show up for a few more days, or even weeks. Wait another week, or even a few days, and take another test. It may help to wait for morning first urine, to detect the highest level of HCG that your body will produce. If you wait 2 weeks and still no results with either a positive or a period, call the doctor. Either way, you should call them because if you are pregnant you will need prenatal care. Best of luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 12:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i am the type that shows enough hcg in my urine before i miss my period.. Did you use first morning urine? That makes a big difference.. If you haven't started I would test again with first morning urine! GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 12:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• yeah, try using more sensitive tests, not digitals the next time you test, and wait 3-4 days before trying again.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Hey im going through the same thing but u should wait a few more days i went up to 5 days late before. Give it a week. Im waiting too if im pregnant i would only be 4w 3 days and a positive test pops up between 5 and 8 wks................
    Honeyluv22

Answer by Honeyluv22 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes. My LMP was on oct 7...took one pregnancy test on november 29 and was negative...I am about 10 weeks now....doctor told me that it happens sometimes
    mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009