how do you handle it when...

you have been trying to get pregnant no luck, and someone who doesnt deserve a baby gets pregnant right away? i'm not trying to be catty but this girl is immature for her age, she is in an unstable relationship, she is nearly 100lbs overweight, she decided on a whim to get pregnant. she had a puppy for a few weeks and got rid of it because it kept wetting on her carpet. i mean, come on... she decided to get pregnant then it happened on their first try. she is asking me questions about being pregnant constantly and today sent me photos of some baby shoes she bought. she is only 3 weeks along! she knows my husband and i have been trying for a baby and is being a little over the top, almost throwing this in my face. i dont want to be rude but i cant handle another 8 months of answering every single pregnancy question she has. anyone else go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yeah just quit talking to her. you don't seem very fond of her and she seems to be insensitive.

does she knwo you've been trying??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Direct her to this site and tell her to ask her questions here, lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• oh yeah, she knew we were trying. it's not so much jealousy as the fact that she's one of these copy cat chicks. she always said she didnt want kids until she was about 28...she's 23 but like i said decided out of nowhere to get pregnant. i'm not a perfect mother but she's one of these who has to get up and go go go all the time. she got mad at me during the summer because i couldnt go out when my toddler was acting up and having a bad day. she has no idea that the constant running around and being able to do whatever, whenever is going to stop. oh well.
    Anonymous

• This is not a healthy relationship, so avoid her. You are hormonal and emotional, and jealous, because you are trying so hard to get pregnant. It may even appear that she has gotten pregnant as a result of your desire. So, she may have DONE THIS to get you jealous. You are normal to feel the way you do. I remember when I wanted my first son and my sister in law was on her second pregnancy and it was twins! I was so jealous! But, it happened for me, and it will happen for you. And, I went on to have 4 kids! As far as your TTC, I strongly suggest going to the doctor. If you get a relationship going with your doctor it would be beneficial to you. I don't believe in sitting around waiting for what I want. I saw the dr, got a checkup, got a prescription for Clomid and was pregnant VERY quickly. Good luck,
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 12:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You may not be trying to come across as "catty" but it really does. She may be acting immature and spiteful by "throwing it in your face". But she may just be really clueless of how it could be hurtful to you. First tell her that you would rather not hear every detail, maybe she could just stick to big milestones.....you were hanging out with this girl, so I'm guessing at some point you called her a friend. You have a blessing in your life already, and it is not for us to determine who "deserves" children. This may be just what this girl needs to turn her life around. Give her the benefit of the doubt.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 12:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i guess it is coming across as catty but, this girl cheated on her husband while he was deployed. that would take a lot of turning around to get her life in order but guess we'll see. just hope the baby doesnt wet too many diapers and tick her off and she gets rid of it like she did the puppy! lol
    Anonymous