Irregular periods. whats normal, whats not?

I've never tracked my period before.
before I had my twins two years ago, it was pretty predicable. I knew I got it at the end of the month. I had PMS for three or so days and on my period for 5 days.
since I've had my boys its been pretty irregular. it now lasts for about 3 and a half days but I have severe PMS for 2 weeks a head of time.
I started tracking it in July and this is what I'm coming up with
started, July 12th (for four days)
started September 21st (for four or so days)
and then I started today.

is this normal? or will I notice a pattern the longer I track it?
(i plan on continuing to track it)

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2011 in Health

• Before I had kids I got mine roughly every 6 weeks for 3 days at a time. after my first it was anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks between periods, never in a real pattern. after my second I had one period before getting pregnant again, so I have no idea there (lol) and since I have had my 3rd I have had one (shes 8 months old and my last AF was in april)
    I am not a medical professional at all, but after all that and going to the DR about what s going on lately, I can tell you that sometimes b/c can change things around, and also stress and excercise. and it is totally normal to have irregular periods (although definetly annoying! I POAS every week until I had my tubal, and then a few times after, lol) you may see a pattern if you track it for a while, some women have been known to have them once every 2-3 months.
    3cutiebugs

Answer by 3cutiebugs at 8:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2011