Is it wrong to tell dh he should lose weight

dh is 330 and I met him at a semi smaller weight. I got prego and he gained weight with me. nineteen months later. I have had lapband surgery to help with losing weight. I see how energetic I am with dd and I want him to be the same. Is it wrong for me to tell him to drop about fifty pounds for health reasons and I think he would feel and look better.

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• Instead of TELLING him, why not work-out TOGETHER?! It always helps to have someone cheering you on! My husband and I work out together or at least support each other by buying healthy foods, alternating cooking healthy meals. Even if you cannot work out at the same time, suggesting each other to go for walks, do simple calisthenic exercises at home with or without exercise tapes, can be very helpful and encouraging!

Make it your New Years "pact" and a goal that each start with small goals of like 10-20 pounds weight loss. As you accomplish small goals, you'll stat feeling and looking better, and want to keep losing!

Good luck!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't think it is wrong to tell your hb, you're in the most intimate relationship hb-wife where openness is one of the strong values, but the way you do it makes the difference. He has the freedom to decide for himself as a grown up man. I would agree with Lorikeet's answer about healthy meals.

blessings
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 1:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have been encouarging my hubby to loose weight for some time. He is over weight and I think he has sleep apnea, I know he has high blood pressure and is not sleeping well at night, my biggest concern is that if he doesn't loose the weight he will not be here for us in 5 years. Are there any other issues besides his weight? I would offer up eating right and walking, working out etc. if anything start cooking healthy dinners and chances are he prob wount know the difference anyway.
    determind

Answer by determind at 1:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think you just need to be sensitive in how you go about it. Try to address it from a health perspective. And I agree that doing it together will make a huge difference. Ask him to go for a walk with you, and make that a special time for the two of you to talk, laugh, and spend time together.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009